General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

What is this- and why is it leaking?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: What is this- and why is it leaking?

I asked a member of our local Mazda3chapterwho also owns an '04 HB and AutoX's on a regular basis said that his has gone bad several times already. He runs stock mounts all around(?). His 3rd mount was replaced twice while in warranty andnow has gone bad again. He said that when his goes bad it's like "night and day." Because I already have the sturdier 1st place mount, I can't tell as easily. He is looking into the SU (Street Unit) polyurethane mounts for the 3rd and 4th positions, as I am.
I have again written to asked SU if they are ready for the market and am awaiting an answer. Theywere in a pilot (test) modew/several other owners to help work out any bugs. Originally they had hoped to release them to the general public in late February, but fitment issues have plagued them... one I'm sure they will solve soon.
New release date...?
When they do, I will be in the first 50 owners to have them.I was actually signed up and going to go this way beforeI knew I had the same problem as you have experienced.
I will post again (after they have broken in) with pictures, install intructions and an update.

Thanks again for your input, rbarrios. It's a big help to all of us new gen Mazda owners.