General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Rubbing up front

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 04:39 PM
Default Rubbing up front

Hi...my daily is a 04 mazda 3 sedan...I'm experiencing a rubbing noise up front pass. Side..not a click or grind..it sounds like the tire rubbing my plastic.I have spent the last couple days reading and searching tons of forums for hours and could probly diagnose just about every sound a 3 makes...except for my noise..I know with some cars theres things like for example, faulty top motor mount in the 3..you tell people the sound and their like oh yea..that's your motor mount, you wouldnt think of it bye the noise it makes but its a common sound, something that all 3 owners will hear eventually..the sound I'm getting is a rubbing noise like the tire rubbing on the plastic..I removed my wheels and I can't find any rub marks in the well or in the engine bay..it does it as you accelarate up to about 20-25mph then it goes away..it happens going straight,turning either way..but it doesn't do it in reverse. ..it shifts smooth..the tach don't overtake the speedo so I don't think it's slipping..steering is tight..cv boots are good and not leaking..I didn't feel any play in it....could this be one of those situations...that particular sound, (if not tire rub) its gotta be the "blank."...a sound that doesnt match the part thats failing but its the common problem .if not tire rub..is there a part that when its failing sounds like tire rub..I didn't do my intro post cause I gotta get this figured and I've done tons of searching ..literally 8-10 hrs if not more...is there a common part that will make this rubbing sound..it's completely stock..no mods at all..I'm out of town so I can't just catch a bus..I gotta figure this out quik..so again I apologize for no intro post but I gotta figure this bye tomorrow,tuesday the latest..any help will be greatly appreciated. ..