General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Please help me identify this part

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 01:17 PM
Default Please help me identify this part

Hello, I was tinkering around this area and believe I snapped the two tabs on this part and now it is slightly loose when you go to activate the trunk opener.

I have a 2023 CX5 CE Preferred Trim

I was trying to replace the LED license plate bulbs and thought this piece had something to do with it. I was struggling taking off the license plate LED plastic housing on both sides with a flat head (still haven’t gotten them off…and in the process damaged a part..SMH)

Can anyone help me ID the black plastic rectangular piece for replacement?

And if anyone has info on how to remove these stubborn plastic LED housings I would
be grateful.

Thank you

Old 11-23-2022, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cx5488
Hello, I was tinkering around this area and believe I snapped the two tabs on this part and now it is slightly loose when you go to activate the trunk opener.

I have a 2023 CX5 CE Preferred Trim

I was trying to replace the LED license plate bulbs and thought this piece had something to do with it. I was struggling taking off the license plate LED plastic housing on both sides with a flat head (still haven’t gotten them off…and in the process damaged a part..SMH)

Can anyone help me ID the black plastic rectangular piece for replacement?

And if anyone has info on how to remove these stubborn plastic LED housings I would
be grateful.

Thank you

So I was able to get the part through a local dealer and it just so happens the license plate bulbs are already LED, go figure. The rest of the interior was halogen.