General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mazda Radio code reset

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:28 AM

Hi there, I'm in Scotland and my car is a mazda 3mps 57plate

Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

So to translate for those of us in the US/NA, your car is equivilent to our 2007 (September plate/registration issue) MazdaSpeed3.

Can anyone suggest a different code for morrice?

Old 07-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Default 2008 Cx 9 code please

Originally Posted by Blue_SP20
Hi people,
Im going to hopefuly help alot of people out, but at the same time will upset Mazda dealers.

I have the code to unlock Mazda radios the have 'ERR' due to 3 wrong codes. Do not listen to mazda book that states 3 wrong codes make CD playing Inop req replacement...
121 Metro DW10*2 > 203028, MX5 NB30P2, Milennia,323 BJ10*2, 626 GF10S2, Tribute.Step one:- press one at a time- preset 6, AM, Auto M, Seek ^ (up).Step Two:-Input this number, 4989.Step Three:- Press and hold Auto M and Preset 6 together.Step Four:- The Word 'GOOD' will appear on the screen indicated that the radio will work.Step Five:- Reprogram new Antitheft code into radio as per instrution manual.
Hope this helps some people out, save you some money as so.

HELP!
DOES anyone have the radio reset code for the 2008 Mazda CX 9. Just bought one used and the used car dealer suggested a Mazda dealer. I am sure thye are going to charge handsomely for it. Especially since I did not buy there used one I looked at.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:15 AM

does anyone know how to unlock a mazda rx8? i have tried the 4989 code and the 1414 code? i really do not want to take it to a mazda dealership? all help will be great?

Old 07-18-2012, 01:40 PM

Hello,
First of all I want to thank you guys! I had the same problem after disconnecting the battery and now it is over.
I also want to thank guys from Topcarpart.com - who gave me the link to this thread. I have nothing new to say but I want to help Russian Mazda owners and dublicate the instructions in Russian language so that people in Russia could find this thread (I hope administrator don't mind). In brief, I have 2006 Mazda 6 for Russian market(probably the same as Europe) and for me the combination 6 - AM - AutoM - SeekUp worked well! The code was 4989! I had only one problem confirming the code with AutoM and 6 buttons. I thought it should be pressed and hold together. The right way is to press and hold AutoM and then press and hold 6 without releasing AutoM button! Thank you guys once again!
Message for Russians:
Сброс ошибки магнитолы ERR на автомобилях Мазда.
Если магнитола требует ввести код, а Вы его не знаете, то сделайте следующее(если у Вас уже мигает ERR, то переходите к пункту 5):
1. Поверните ключ зажигания в позицию ACC.
2. Введите любые четыре цифры(Для ввода используйте клавиши памяти шести радиостанций с цифрами 1, 2, 3, 4. Цифры 5 и 6 не трогайте. Для ввода первой цифры нужно нажимать клавишу 1 несколько раз, пока не появится нужная цифра. Остальные цирфры вводим аналогично.)
3. Нажмите кнопку AutoM и, не отпуская ее, кнопку 6. Не нажимайте их вместе!
4. Повторите это процедуру 3 раза, пока на дисплее не появится мигающее сообщение ERR.
5. Нажмите следующие клавиши 6, AM, AutoM, Seek up. Нажимать и отпускать нужно по одной клавише именно в этой последовательности. По оканчании ввода Вы увидете четыре полоски (- - - -) для ввода кода.
6. Введите цифры кода, как было описано выше. После ввода нажмите кнопку AutoM и, не отпуская ее, кнопку 6. Не нажимайте их вместе! Вы увидите надпись GOOD. Магнитола готова к работе.
Список возможных кодов: 4989, 1414, 3511, 5989, 3211, 2312, 0532, 5011, 0000.
7. Установите новый код, как указано в мануале к Вашему авто.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Default A slightly different Mazda 323 radio problem

I have a 2000 Mazda 232 Astina in Australia. The radio/cassette player was working perfectly when it suddenly refused to react to any of the buttons. Volume control didn't work (it was set rather loud), nor the preset buttons, nor any button at all. It wouldn't even turn off! When the ignition was turned off and on again, the radio came back on, on the same station, at the same volume, but still no buttons worked. The radio was locked onto the one station, and at the one volume.

I tried a cassette in it and it played OK (still at the same volume), but still no buttons would work. But after playing the cassette the radio did not come back on. So it would now play cassette only.

A couple of years ago we had a new battery fitted and the radio continued to work, so I assume it's not locked. So I disconnected the battery and reconnected, hoping that might cause something to reset. But the only thing that changed was that the volume reset itself to a very, very low setting.

So now the only thing it does is play cassettes, but you have to put your ear against the speaker to hear them. The only display is the clock, which I can't reset because the buttons are not being recognised.

I have tried the button sequences mentioned here, but I'm not starting from the "ERR" display, and no actions of buttons are being recognised, so I'm getting nowhere.

Can anyone suggest anything that might help?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Default Oops!

Sorry, in the body of my previous post I said "Mazda 232" - it should obviously be "Mazda 323".

Old 08-04-2012, 02:17 PM

The only thing I can suggest is to disconnect the battery for a few hours(night long time is the best) and turn on the headlights during this time. But it looks like your radio is dead or need a serious repair.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:02 AM

Serge_msk Thanks for the thoughts ...

I'm not sure why turning the headlights on when the battery is disconnected will do good for me, but I suspect that it's something to do with draining any capacitance that might be in various circuits. I will try that - but not today - sometime in the next couple of days I'll do it.

Thanks for your sugestion, but I think I agree with you that I will soon be buying a new raido.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Default I give up!

Ok - that's it for now, I give up and I'm buying a new radio.

Thanks Serge-msk for your suggestion but, as expected, it didn't work, so a new radio seems to be the only answer.

Bye for now ....

Quick Reply: Mazda Radio code reset