General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

issues with my 95 cronos. (Bucking)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Default issues with my 95 cronos. (Bucking)

Hello to every Mazda user out there, even though its letting me down right now it still is my top one car brand. anywho...

my 1995 Mazda Cronos 626 V6 (58,000 km) automatic transmission started to buck not too long ago. now before I start on my problem, I wanted to have some advice on what could be the problem with my car. I know certain garages can try to charge for useless stuff so i want to be aware.

Like I said, my car started to buck a little (so little i didn't even pay attention to it) now, it take me about 25 seconds past from 80 to 100 km/h. I had this problem last winter and solved it by changing the spark plugs wich were not gauged right and screwed in right by the Mazda techs. the bucking stopped untill the beginning of this summer. and now its awefull...

When I start my car, it goes on like a char, especially when the motor is cold. after about 4-5 minutes when the motor starts warming up, the bucking kicks in. damn i could almost blend myself a Magarita in my car if I wanted to. When I'm at a stop or at a red light..the car shakes like crazy. Once gear 1 and 2 are past...gear 3 runs smooth. when I get on the highway and get up to about 100 KM/h and keep the same speed I feel the whole car shaking, way less then when im stopped though. Also, when I'm stopped, the RPM is not still and my headlights including the lights on my dashboard seems dim. (like if something couldn't hold the electricity still flowing through the car)

I checked my spark plugs and all of em looks roasted (black) on the top. So I supposed it was something related to the coil, choke or maybe even the injectors. But now i just read someone that has pretty much the problem as I do. here is the link : http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...-cyl-automatic

The guy says he thinks its a transmission problem because his O/D light flashes. His problem is similar to mine, only my O/D light does not flash. and I HIGHLY doubt its my transmission. Christ this car has 60k KM on it and I run it smoother than my grand-mother...

please clarify me on this.

Thanks in advance.