USB stick formatting issues - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:18 PM

Default USB stick formatting issues

Hi Guys

Wondering if someone could help me. I have a 2016 CX5 and the infotainment system is driving me nuts with it not reading my USB's correctly. For some reason at the end of specific playlists (not all) it has (1). I have checked for hidden files and there are none. Also playing a playlist works and then all of a sudden I go to play the same playlist again a day or 2 later and it will appear empty. Even though I know it isn't and the data on it hasn't changed.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me a breakdown of disk and playlist formatting for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mat
Old 06-04-2017, 06:34 PM

You may not be looking in the right folder.
Try scrolling down more.
Rewrite the USB.
I use a 16GB with 10GB of music on it.
Works great especially when there is nothing on satellite radio.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:07 PM

Thanks, the folders aren't the issue but the m3u playlists. Like I said they will work perfectly then all of a sudden a few days later the list is empty even though I know it isn't. Can I ask what file format do you have for your USB stick? NTFS or Fat32? And do you have an example file and folder layout you are using?

Thanks

Mat
Old 06-04-2017, 08:42 PM

16GB formatted in Fat32. I have plenty of space leftover which could be your problem. I had a similar problem to start, but do all of the file editing on my desktop and then send to the USB.

If you try to edit the files on the USB it creates extra pathways which can lead to errors too. I have my entire music library of 200 CDs in mp3 and wma alphabetically in 10GB on a 16GB USB. Works perfectly and anytime I need to edit I must delete all the old files and write it new all over again. Otherwise files are out of order or disappear.