Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Anti-Theft System Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Default Anti-Theft System Problems

I have been having problems with my anti-theft system. It does not turn on. Yes, the key fobs both have brand new batteries. Can there be a transmitting issue? Maybe the device in the car somewhere is dirty? It doesn't unlock, lock, or active the alarm. I really do not think the problem lies with the key fob. If one didn't work, maybe, but both are just dead. I even changed the batteries multiple times to see if it was a battery issue. Before it went completely out it was spotty. It would work, it wouldn't, I had to get really really close. Is there anything I can check, before I have to pay some else to do it?

I also checked the fuse for the theft device. It looks fine.

I have a 2007 Mazda5. I did do a re-synch. It was something silly: Turn key halfway, open door three times, etc.

Last edited by dmissz; 08-13-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: More info
Old 08-09-2012, 09:33 AM

You might need to get the remotes re-paired to the car, no not fixed but re-synched, kinda like what you have to do to a garage door opener that looses its code with the door, both need to re-synch the radio combo to work again. Usually you put the key in turn it on and push a lock button or such, depends on the car you have, speaking of what do you have? Can you put it in your signature?

Old 06-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Default Mazda 5 2006 alarm going off with remote key

I have the opposite problem with the alarm system going off when my remote key fails to open the front driver door (obvious delay in opening door as indicator light fails to light up within a few seconds). The Red indicator light for the alarm (red car image) which indicates that alarm system is armed will actually stay lit while driving the car and if I touch the "lock" door button this will activate the alarm while driving. If I stop the car and turn it off, then open the car door, the alarm goes off. If I close the door, the alarm goes off. Fiddled around a bit and used the remote key (sans battery) to lock door and the alarm stopped. It is a very strange problem that comes and goes at will. Remote key fob has new battery - tested. Could the issue be with the battery in the car though there is no indication that there is an issue with it?