Electronics, Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Anti-Theft Security System

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Default Anti-Theft Security System

Folks, I just helped my son purchase a 01 626 and on the drive home he stopped at a rest stop. When he got back in the car to start it, all the lights came on but the iginition won't start the car. Towed the car home, checked the battery and reconnected and now the flashers are flashing without assistance. Disconnected the battery to reset computer and all the lights are flashing inside the car now. When we purchased the car we didn't get the remote entry devices just plain keys. Is the alarm system disabling the ignition and car? I'm pissed, since the car only has 71K and in immaculate shape. Any assistance, tips or words of wisdom are all welcome. Thanks Jim, VA....

Old 01-26-2008, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Anti-Theft Security System

Dayem!! All cars have their quirks but that's quite a story.

Have you called the original owner to find out if they were experiencing problems or if there's anything special that needs doing? Did he/she have the original keys and remote?

Short of that, call a dealer for assistance/advice... or in a worse case scenario, return the car to it's former owner and get a refund.