Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Remote Starter Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Default Remote Starter Problem

Im having trouble with my remote starter that i bought from Mazda on my 2010 sport hatch.
The car starts fine but once i try to get in the car and open the door the engine shuts off
I tried opening the door with the key but it doesn't work and the engine still shuts off.
Any other suggestions.
Thanks

Old 02-20-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by kingmansnyper
Im having trouble with my remote starter that i bought from Mazda on my 2010 sport hatch.
The car starts fine but once i try to get in the car and open the door the engine shuts off
I tried opening the door with the key but it doesn't work and the engine still shuts off.
Any other suggestions.
Thanks
I'm not very knowledgeable about the remote starter system, but I'm guessing it's a security failsafe to ensure the car doesn't get stolen when an intruder enters the car? That's how my alarm with remote starter worked on my old Mustang (aftermarket CompuStar system). Does your car have a factory alarm as well?

Another thing that would disable the running engine was when I pushed in the brake pedal without having inserted the key and turning it to the running position. Course, opening the car wouldn't normally disable the running engine unless the alarm was armed with the door unlocked. Usually it would lock all doors automatically when I armed it but there were oddball times that it wasn't.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:50 AM
Default not much car knowledge

i've never actually been too knowledgable about cars or the few mazda's i've had. i know dealer garages can rip you off but my local garage sgh has never done me wrong www.sghbodyworks.co.uk but i guess this is only useful if you're in the uk.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:58 AM

Hi, So i reread some of the manuals and the remote start is made to turn off when the door is opened and there is nothing i can do about it, i plan on upgrading the remote start with a viper system, but i don't know if a new system will upgrade the old and the door mechanism will change.

Be careful when buying a remote starter on your 3 when you don't have the GT trim.
Just get an aftermarket system.
i will post again to see if the viper system has the same problem or if the safety feature is on all remote starter systems
an suggestions on how much an aftermarket switch should cost?