Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

Major overhaul on the Mx3

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Default Major overhaul on the Mx3

Just testing the water to see if there is any activity on this forum iv signed up with two now and the first feels like a ghost site.

Ill be working on the mx3 this year, replacing all the suspension, wishbones, track rod ends bushes basically everything it rolls on. then eventually it will be painted by a friend of mine in the same shiny red paint as it once was and then ill polish it up as shiny as I can get it.

engine wise ill just be using the 1.8 engine until I source a 2.5 KLDE or KLZE I don't mind, then ill be getting a set of turbo manifolds and all high quality turbo components (turbo, intercooler, bov, hoses and silicone pipework) and that should finish it off nicely.

Its nothing special I want it to look and sound nice and that's all I'm after.

Never built a car before but iv rebuilt a hand full of motorbikes and scooters so this is a whole new experience.

Bad Bits:

So far iv found:

Interior is old and worn out so that will need replacing.

Rusty bar behind the front bumper - looks removable.. hopefully!

Rusty sunroof hatch - easily replaced.

Window seals need tlc - especially the door rubbers.

Engine needs a good overhaul - top to bottom.. belts, filters, fluids, hoses.. basically getting it all perfect and giving it a good clean up.

other than that I'm really happy with the chassis the rear arches are smooth no rust anywere! I was surprised.. Under the drivers footwell there is a dent, not too easy to spot but its definitely not supposed to be there.. Looks like its been dropped off the corner of a curb or jacked up.

Luckily I have a family member that works at a mazda dealership so I'm looking into getting some new exterior parts off the shelf if possible as I'm looking to have the paintwork and exterior parts in immaculate condition.

Attached Thumbnails Major overhaul on the Mx3-16990270_1070991016380251_1919513505_o.jpg   Major overhaul on the Mx3-maz-fro.jpg   Major overhaul on the Mx3-interior.jpg