Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

93 929 Teardown/Overhaul crisis

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Default 93 929 Teardown/Overhaul crisis

I recently bought a 929 from a friend of mine and he had told me of an oil leak. He took it to a machanic and they put a stop leak/sealant in which supposedly suppressed the leak. My friend didnt drive the car for at least a year b4 I bought it from him. I bought all the tune-up accessories to make up for the loss of time and idleness; trans kit, oil filter and syn oil, radiator flush, plugs and wire ect. When I flushed the system, and I followed the directions to the last sentence, the car started to over heat once the new coolant was put in. I replaced the thermostat, nothing, replaced the rad cap, nothing, pulled the water pump off and it was still good. Once I got to the water pump and had the timing belt covers off I found my problem.. both heads had oil oozing down the engine and the timing belt coverswere covered in sut and oil. I have started taking off the pelum-not sure if this is the correct spelling- and soon will have to open the top block. If there is anyone or any site that can link me pics of the teardown procedures for the top block and bottom, might as well refurbish the bottom if your gonna do the top, it would be greatly appreciated. I found a pic on the timing belt removal from this web site but cant find anything on the heads, crankshaft or any other major part of the block. Money is short, time is hopefully 6 months to have everything back together and the Import Car book put out by Chilton is not as specific as a complete tear down book for a model/year vehicle. Also if there are any links to where I can buy a Mazda Dealership teardown manuel it would be great.. even if it cost 100+ its worth it for a specific model car.

Thanks to anyone whom can help me with this problem