Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ian Raison
i complianed about my mirrors too but was told in lesser words tuff.do i read right that they are aware and they have a fix for this problem too ?
I did not see the TSB myself, but yes, they admitted to being aware of it on my first visit, and verbally confirmed a TSB on my second visit. Based on that, I am waiting for the parts to arrive and be painted.

....edit...found it:

2013-2014 CX-5 - DRIVER-SIDE POWER DOOR MIRROR VIBRATION

04-24-2014, 09:44 AM

TSB: 09-002/13

2013-2014 CX-5 - DRIVER-SIDE POWER DOOR MIRROR VIBRATION

BULLETIN NOTE
  • This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletin 09-002/13 issued 02/26/13. The APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS, DESCRIPTION, REPAIR PROCEDURE, PART(S) and WARRANTY INFORMATION have been revised.
  • Changes are noted below in Red beside the change bar.
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2014 CX-5
DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit a vibration from the driver-side power door mirror glass when the vehicle is driven at high speeds.
This concern may be due to a lack of rigidity of the mirror base so the mirror vibrates when it receives vehicle vibration or wind pressure.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.
REPAIR PROCEDURE

Depending on the VIN, perform applicable repairs according to the chart below.

VIN / Prod. Date Range Applicable Repair Repair A: Installation of outer door mirror reinforcement Repair B: Replacement of outer door mirror JM3KE******000001 - 168884
Produced on or before Nov. 16, 2012 Yes Yes JM3KE******168885 - 999999
Produced on or after Nov. 16, 2012 No Yes
Repair A: Install a new reinforcement (A) onto the side impact bar-lower (B) and door panel to increase rigidity of the door panel where the power door mirror is located.
Repair B: Replace the power door mirror (C) with a modified one.
Outline of Repair A:
Upper reinforcement: Tighten the upper reinforcement (A) to the door panel together with the power door mirror with three (3) nuts / bolts.
Lower reinforcement: Attach the lower reinforcement (B) to the side impact bar-lower with two (2) (upper and lower) brackets.
<cross-section>

(A) Reinforcement

(B) Upper / lower brackets

(C) Nut

(D) Side impact bar-lower

(E) Door outer panel

(F) Secure the reinforcement by pinching the flanges of the side impact bar-lower with the upper / lower brackets and reinforcement.

Outline of Repair B:
1. Remove the front door module panel (A) according to the instructions on MS3 online or the Workshop Manual (section 09-11 FRONT DOOR MODULE PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION).
2. Remove the power door mirror (A) according to the instructions on MS3 online or the Workshop Manual (section 09-12 POWER OUTER MIRROR REMOVAL/INSTALLATION). NOTE: Depending on when the vehicle was built, there are two (2) types of door mirror installations; a nut type and a bolt type.
Nut Installation Type:
Bolt Installation Type:
3. Remove the mirror glass (A), garnish (B) and side turn lamp (C) from the removed outer door mirror according to the instructions on MS3 online or the Workshop Manual (section 09-12 OUTER MIRROR GARNISH REMOVAL/INSTALLATION) and (section 09-18 SIDE TURN LIGHT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION). CAUTION:
  • Be sure not to damage these component because they will be re-used.
  • The mirror glass may be easily broken if it is removed incorrectly. Be sure to follow the removal and installation procedure.
Construction of Mirror Glass and Base:

(Front) (Rear)
(A) Center pivot (D) Joint portion with Center Pivot (B) Adjustment gear (left/right) (E) Joint portion with Adjustment gear (up/down) (C) Adjustment gear (up/down) (F) Joint portion with Adjustment gear (left/right)
Removal of Mirror Glass:
4. In order to make it easier to disconnect the joint portion with the center pivot, heat the center of the mirror glass with a drier to approx. 104-122 degrees F (40-50 degrees C). CAUTION: Be sure not to use too much heat, otherwise the mirror could become deformed.
5. In order to make a space for your fingers to insert in the back of the mirror glass, push area (A) to move area (B) toward you.
6. Insert your fingers into area (A) between the black plastic base at the back of the mirror glass.
7. Press the black plastic base at the back of mirror glass (A) toward you and carefully disconnect the joint with the center pivot (B).
8. Move the mirror glass left and right and up and down to make a space for your fingers to insert in the back of mirror glass. Press the mirror glass with your fingers toward you to disconnect the joint for adjustment gears (A) and (B).
Installation of Mirror Glass:
9. In order to make it easier to connect the joints, heat the plastic base at the back of mirror glass with a drier to approx. 104-122 degrees F (40-50 degrees C).
10. Push the adjustment gears (A) and (B) all the way down. CAUTION: If the mirror glass is installed with the adjustment gears pulled up, force is not applied straight and could result in adjustment gear damage.
11. Place the mirror glass on the mirror base aligning the location of the center pivot (A).
12. Gradually press the center of the mirror glass with your palm to click in the center pivot.
13. Press the areas (A) and (B) of the mirror glass to click in the joint for the adjustment gears.
14. Move the mirror glass up and down and left and right to verify that the adjustment gears move smoothly and without any problem.
15. Adjust the mirror glass in the neutral position.
16. Install the removed side turn lamp, garnish and glass onto the new power door mirror.
17. For rust prevention, attach two (2) self-stick pads (200mm x 40mm) to each edge of the side impact bar-lower (as shown below) where the bracket and reinforcement are installed. NOTE: Attach the pads starting from the position indicated below at locations (A) and (B).
<cross-section>
18. Install the reinforcement (A) as shown below. Secure the upper part (B) together with the power door mirror and the lower part (C) to the side impact bar-lower with the two (2) brackets.
19. While holding the power door mirror, temporarily place the reinforcement with the three (3) power door mirror bolts through the holes in the reinforcement, then tighten the bolts. Tightening Torque: 11 ft. lbf. {1.5 kgf-m, 15 Nm}
20. Place the two (2) brackets (A) (upper and lower) in the back of the reinforcement and pass the stud bolts through the holes in the reinforcement. NOTE: Pinch the flange of the side impact bar-lower with the bracket and the reinforcement.
21. Tighten the four (4) nuts (B) to secure the reinforcement onto the side impact bar-lower. Tightening Torque: 15 ft. lbf. {2.1 kgf-m, 20 Nm}
NOTE:
  • Tighten the brackets so that the side impact bar-lower is pushed toward the direction of the arrow.
  • Ensure that each part does not touch petal to petal face or it will cause rust occurrence.
(A) Reinforcement

(B) Upper / lower brackets

(C) Nut

(D) Side impact bar-lower

(E) Door outer panel

(F) Pinch the flange of the side impact bar-lower with the upper / lower brackets and reinforcement and tighten them with the four (4) nuts.

22. Install other removed parts in the reverse order of removal.
23. Verify the repair.
PART(S) INFORMATION

Part Number Description Qty. Notes KDY4-69-180 Power outer mirror (driver-side) 1 Without heater, without BSM KDY6-69-180 1 Without heater, with BSM KDY7-69-180 1 With heater, with BSM KDY0-59-050 Reinforcement Assy. 1 (1) Reinforcement
(2) Brackets
(3) Pads
(4) Nuts Reinforcement Assy.:
Power Door Mirror (Bolt Type Installation):
WARRANTY INFORMATION

NOTE:
  • This warranty information applies only to verified customer complaints on vehicles eligible for warranty repair.
  • This repair will be covered under Mazda’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty term.
  • Additional diagnostic time cannot be claimed for this repair.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:54 PM

Hi, I think the question I have directly applies to this topic.

I just bought a 2014 CX-5 last week and have been enjoying playing my iPhone over USB. However, I don't always just use the Music function. I use Downcast for podcasts and occasionally use YouTube for loading up playlists of things I don't have saved to my phone. These things work fine, but eventually, the Music app will just randomly start playing something. This morning during my drive to work, without any intervention from me, Downcast stopped and Music started playing 45 minutes into my commute. Seems random and strange.

Now I have the boring non-touchscreen audio system so I don't think the download issue is at play here.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Default Bluetooth

About to buy a CX5. Because I haven't bought it yet, they're obviously more interested in getting my business. Told them about the known issue, and they have admitted there is a known problem, and said they will order in the bluetooth module to fit on any car I buy. Will keep you up to date. All the CX-5's I've tried so far (around 4 or 5 with different garages) have all had the problems - iPod's not being recognised on USB, if they are recognised, then start at the beginning of the iPod every time you restart the car, and when you connect iPhone by bluetooth, shuffle is not possible.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:37 AM

CBRBlackbird .i am in the uk and have already had the blutooth module fitted and its no good at all .if i was you i would hold out for the new revamped model cx5 which should be out here the end of this year .it has been spotted being tested and the pictures are on the net . i was told by mazda it has a new system . mazda knows this one is not going to work its the same system as the skyactive mazda 6 so if there was going to be a fix it would of been here by now .they will tell you this so as to get rid of old stock ready for the new one .this car has been a mare and i am already looking at selling my 2014 cx5 sport as its driving me mad .

Old 08-19-2014, 11:58 AM

FWIW, my dealer said the '16 model would have MazdaConnect, including at the very least the new head unit.
Originally Posted by Ian Raison
CBRBlackbird .i am in the uk and have already had the blutooth module fitted and its no good at all .if i was you i would hold out for the new revamped model cx5 which should be out here the end of this year .it has been spotted being tested and the pictures are on the net . i was told by mazda it has a new system . mazda knows this one is not going to work its the same system as the skyactive mazda 6 so if there was going to be a fix it would of been here by now .they will tell you this so as to get rid of old stock ready for the new one .this car has been a mare and i am already looking at selling my 2014 cx5 sport as its driving me mad .

Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 AM
Default same here

Originally Posted by Yerfdog
FWIW, my dealer said the '16 model would have MazdaConnect, including at the very least the new head unit.
yer thats what i was also told too .it like they know so lets change it and tough to everyone else

Old 08-21-2014, 06:03 PM

Just got back from the dealer. They called today to let me know my replacement bluetooth module was in. It has been installed, and amounts to nothing more than a "software update". Shut off the car and restart, USB drive starts back at the first track.

The dealer did their part, but the issue is with Mazda and Johnson Controls.

BTW, one can access diagnostic mode on the head unit by pressing the power button and scan fwd at the same time. Enter a code of 38 and you get the software version. That's all I know thus far.

Mirrors are still a week or two out.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:56 AM
Default USB Connection

Here in UK was told a fix was finally ready. My local dealer looked it up and basically replaced the TomTom SD card, which did nothing for USB (nothing to the SatNav either as far as I can tell). So I called Mazda who called the dealer who called me and promised me a new Bluetooth module early next week. Takes around 1hour to fit apparently.
I'll update the results as and when.
Cheers

Old 08-25-2014, 03:27 AM

i am also in the UK and ive had the so called bluetooth module fitted which took about 30 mins .for starters its not nothing to do with the bluetooth system as it fixed none of the bluetooth problems ,it fixed the usb issues (sort of) thats it .When i complained to Mazda Uk AGAIN they said an update for the bluetooth issues is on its way .ive been told this for nearly a year now and now the new model cx5 due for release i doubt very much the issues will be fixed .never ever buying another Mazda

Old 08-28-2014, 08:00 AM
Default USB/Bluetooth upgrade

Update as promised. New module fitted. iPod connection through uSB works a treat. Playlists, last track etc. Not tried voice control yet, but never use that .
Bluetooth: Had to re-pair the phone but seems ok for calls and contact list etc. Voice control fine
Not tried iPod Bluetooth again as won't use it anyway.

Mentioned last time a TomTom update: Well response time for input is quicker and voice works fine. Did lose all favoutrites,recent destinations etc but no big deal.

Much happier now. Pity it took so long to sort it out

Phil

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD