Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Konig Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Default Konig Wheels

Hey everyone, I was thinking of maybe buying some new wheels, but I was going to check first if anyone has heard anything about them before is drop the chingo on them. I was looking at the Konig Hotswaps (black gloss with chrome accent) and noticed that they were relatively inexpensive for Konig (about $1400 for wheel and tire package). Does anyone know about the quality of these wheels? Im not looking for a wheel for racing, more for looks and these would work nicely since the black gloss would match my paint. If anyone knows about the quality and/or ride of this model please HELP! thanks all!

Old 10-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Konig Wheels

Konig makes very nice, strongwheels, and some very light wheels too(17" RPF1's, 15.2 lbs. Not bad for the quality and price.) If they had had a style that I liked for mine I might have bought Konigs.
That said, and this ismy personal opinion, the HotSwaps are ugly and to my eye very trendy, not to mention hard to clean and keep clean. You'll get tired of themvery quickly.
My.02? Stick with a more classic, or updated classic design and you'll be happier with it longer.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:19 PM

Yeah, keeping the gloss black cleanwould probably almost be harder than keeping chrome clean. I know for sure that I want to stick with a model that has fewer spokes, say, five to seven. Any suggestions that you could think of? No need to look into it, jw if you're familiar with any off the top of your head. I drive an 04 6i.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: zjbmaz6

Yeah, keeping the gloss black cleanwould probably almost be harder than keeping chrome clean. I know for sure that I want to stick with a model that has fewer spokes, say, five to seven. Any suggestions that you could think of? No need to look into it, jw if you're familiar with any off the top of your head. I drive an 04 6i.
Not only the gloss black but all those edges and surfaces.
There are many AM wheels out there for under $200/ea. if you're not so concerned about weight. Personally, I wanted both and got it in the Kosei's (+/-14 lbs ea.)The questions are, how strong are they and how resistant to chips is the finish?
I was even considering the RPF1's for a little while but the 17"'er's look like 16"'er's when on the car because of the end of spoke placement and wider lip, and I didn't want that either.
I would (as I have) check out various sources online and in magazines. I've looked at Kosei's, Rota's, Konig's and a host of others that I was able to eliminate right away.
Be patient and take your time. That's my best advice.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:52 PM

Ihave a set of 18" x 9.5" hotswaps on my car and iIreally like them and they look hard to clean but they're not.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 AM

ive driven on the hotswaps... great wheels...... i can get them for you if you want.... wat size aew you looking for