Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

G2 Brake Caliper Paint System...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Default RE: G2 Brake Caliper Paint System...

ORIGINAL: RJB_M6

grey mazda u get side tracked...go to take pictures but camera is gone..paint calipers but have to work lol

tell me about it... busy kid, not enough time to get crap done. that's what happens when i work five 11hour shifts a week, volunteer as a firecall on my other free time, and of course chill with my g/f. where is the free time?

Old 05-11-2006, 03:05 AM

Sorry Tracker but it sounds like you just read the table of contents of Ricer Weekly. Just because you go to car shows doesn't mean thats the goal of people who have actual cars and an income they want to spend wisely then be able to drive daily. I prefer a cleaner look with subtle colors interrior and exterrior. Interrior with soft grays blacks and tans and exterriors of gray blue and such. I'm not big on flashy green neon lights, 2 toned interiors (I actually hate 2 tone interriors but I bet you didn't think of this, if someone did their dashboard in a bright color, it's reflect onto the windshiled and give you glare that's why a car with a tan interrior still in almost all cases has a black dashboard). The brake calipers would carry a monochromed theme much better than different colors or else you get the impression of taking them off of several cars in a junkyard. Blue and green are too flashy for a daily driver. Then what bothered me the most is when you talk of a different colored passenger seat than the drivers seat. anything on a car that isn't symmetric is a big turn down. I hate to put you down but the car you described would be good in a parking lot surrounded by girls in mini skirts with cars like it putting trophies on your shelf. NOT on the streets or in the driveway.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:27 PM

i'm the same way when it comes to interior... just plain and simple (one color type). as for neons, i think the only neon that is pretty cool is the underbody neon light tubes and engine bay but doesn't look good on all cars.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II

Sorry Tracker but it sounds like you just read the table of contents of Ricer Weekly. Just because you go to car shows doesn't mean thats the goal of people who have actual cars and an income they want to spend wisely then be able to drive daily. I prefer a cleaner look with subtle colors interrior and exterrior. Interrior with soft grays blacks and tans and exterriors of gray blue and such. I'm not big on flashy green neon lights, 2 toned interiors (I actually hate 2 tone interriors but I bet you didn't think of this, if someone did their dashboard in a bright color, it's reflect onto the windshiled and give you glare that's why a car with a tan interrior still in almost all cases has a black dashboard). The brake calipers would carry a monochromed theme much better than different colors or else you get the impression of taking them off of several cars in a junkyard. Blue and green are too flashy for a daily driver. Then what bothered me the most is when you talk of a different colored passenger seat than the drivers seat. anything on a car that isn't symmetric is a big turn down. I hate to put you down but the car you described would be good in a parking lot surrounded by girls in mini skirts with cars like it putting trophies on your shelf. NOT on the streets or in the driveway.
hey ricer weekly is very informative, right now im about to order my $500, 97in. GTR wing with neons in it. and so what i have cardboard wide bodykit....its areodynamic.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:21 PM

I'm going Gloss Black. I just want them to look clean, not necessarily stand out.

Now if I had Brembo brakes, then I'd be showing off some sweet red calipers, but I don't see any sense in showing off stockers...I just like them to not look corroded.

I avoid trying to color match things across the car as the shades usually don't match all that well. (It looks like you tried to color match and just did a poor job.)

Old 05-11-2006, 06:18 PM

hey. that sounds like a pretty good plan to me. please post pictures after you do the paint. thanks a bunch!

Old 06-02-2006, 02:23 AM

alright alright, i'm finally going to be painting my calipers red this saturday morning. it's been put off too long and now i'm determined to do it. will post pictures when the crappa is all done with.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:06 AM

don't forget the before and after pics.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:04 AM

will do, i got the camera sitting in my passenger seat right now!

Old 06-02-2006, 02:57 PM

red? why not just go with Brembo sport brakes if your gonna do that

Quick Reply: G2 Brake Caliper Paint System...