Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

G2 Brake Caliper Paint System...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Default G2 Brake Caliper Paint System...

well tomorrow morning, i will be painting by brake calipers red to make them stand out more! i'll let you know how this product seems and if there are any pros/cons of it. this paint was recommended by alot of import tuning cars at shows and they said it is far better than any other paint system out there. in fact, the manufacturer, G2 USA, gives out a lifetime warranty on the product that if at any time, this paint cracks, they will replace it free of charge! that's a great deal if you ask me.

much better than having paints that fade out and chip.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/3A1C155B7C7C4EC691DB4776DDF7664F.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Default RE: G2 Brake Caliper Paint System...

found this on the manufacturer's website

This top-of-the-line BRAKE Caliper Paint System Set from G2™, is the most complete and easy-to-use kit available and includes everything necessary for application in a driveway or professional performance shop.

G2™ has specially contracted chemical engineers to research and develop our two-part paint which now offers the highest heat resistance on the DIY aftermarket (up to 980 degrees). Easily applied as a brush-on, the paint adds a great styling touch to any brake caliper ultimately highlighting already stylish show-through rims. Not only is our system attractive, but it offers great chemical and physical protection to the caliper. Brake fluids and dust, road salt, dirt, even loose gravel can't harm the high-gloss finish of G2's™ BRAKE Caliper Paint System.

Each kit is hand-assembled and all of our materials are 100% made in the USA! Included is a high-performance caliper cleaner, mixing can, stirrer, application brush and a color decal. No other manufacturer offers such a complete system and no one can compete with such an effective kit.

The G2 BRAKE Caliper Paint System™ has many advantages over spray-type paint because it will not flake, and it dries much harder than any rattle-can product. Our paint kit is so attractive and reliable that G2™ offers a 100% product performance guarantee. High-gloss colors include red, yellow, blue, silver, black, purple, green, white and gold!

G2™ also proudly offers a fantastic line of engine styling paints and interior sprays for vinyl and hard plastics. Since our product line is 100% made in the USA, all items are readily available from our warehouse or from an authorized G2™ dealer.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:52 PM

cool i was thinking of doing that, how much did you pay for yours?

Old 05-09-2006, 09:14 PM

ill probably be painting my calipers pretty soon, too. but, what color do you guys think i should go with? i was thinking of blue to match the blue on my intake, or green to match my springs and shocks...but red is such a bold, agressive color, and i think it would look great. or maybe gold...nah, that would probably clash with the gunmetal rims. hahaha. im so lost in the color wheel. help!

Old 05-09-2006, 10:12 PM

^^ what color is your body? I think body matching looks good.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:23 PM

How about....blue wave, no but really you could be creative and take my idea and mix and match colors like blue with white and if you do something like that instead of putting blue in front and white and back you could have your drivers side blue and passenger side white, or your could have one blue in thr fron on the drivers side and white on the back also on the drivers side and flip it for the passenger side, thats just my suggestion. but as for the color, if you were only going to pic one go with the color of your car, but if you were going to do two go with blue and green and make that the theme for your car inside and out, you could probably get neon lights that are half green blue, then you could setup your engine bay with those colors like if your intake is a metallic gray (depending on how many pipes you have) and if your cone is blue paint the pipe green and the second blue. But then again if the whole intake is blue make that side all blue with green accents, and the other side green with blue accents. and then for the eadlight storbes put in a green one with the side you painted blue in the engine bay and a blue strobe on the side you painted green. Then you could use the the left over stobes and either put them in the interior lights or the your side turn signals (the ones on the fenders) but it wont matter cuz your gonna get another set of blue and green stobes, to use. Then when you get and audio system in it you should put a green and blue neon rings around the subs and have them plus to the music. Oh and for the rims, if you get blue calipers get the rim green know what im saying. Anyway as for your interior depending on your fav color put that as your seat cover, and opposite that for the passenger, then for the back seat take the color you have for the passenger seat and make that half of the back seat on the drivers side and the other half opposite. And for you dash just make that green, and your guages blue, at this point you know that your not gonna keep your car the same color, there are many things you can do depending on your paint scheme (not the theme).Ok now, first of all scracth out the thought of having green rims and lets assume that you have either chrome or black. Now of you go with having one side of your brake calipers blue paint half the car green and the other side blue, but if you go with both you calipers being blue in the front paint half you car green in the front and get a carbon fiber hood. You could also go this....i call it "anybody who sees this while driving will crash, go blind with confusion, or laugh so hard that they crap their pants" now rapid fire suggestion in 3..2..1 front end green or blue, drivers side fender either green or blue and put opposite color on the other fender then doors opposite color of fenders, and back end opposite color of front end *pant* *pant*. And now *pant* im done.........for now mauhahahaha *cough* *hack* hahaha.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:03 PM

ah, gotta hold off on the painting... just told my manager i would work 6am to 8:30 pm haha... good money but i'm gonna be regretting this!

Old 05-09-2006, 11:27 PM

I need to paint mine also.. I was thinking of doing mine black since I have black rims and the car itself is the lapis blue color...grey mazda u get side tracked...go to take pictures but camera is gone..paint calipers but have to work lol

Old 05-10-2006, 12:44 AM

haha! holy ****e Tracker! i was just asking for input on what color to paint my calipers. you got a little carried away there buddy. but thanks for trying to help out...that probably took you a while to type.

accessorizing my car with neons is a big no. same goes for the carbon fiber hood, strobelights or anything like that. im most likely never going to indulge in a system...it just adds weight to the car, plus the stock system is nice in my car. i already have rims on my car...they are gunmetal with a polished lip. the interior of my car is black leather already, so thats a keeper. and im not going to bother painting my car. the OE paint already has an amazing depth of shine. i would just like to paint my calipers, and while im at it, ill probably take car of the plastics under the hood, too.

my car color is sunlight silver metallic. there are a plethora of pictures in that link to my cardomain website.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:45 AM

You will do what i say and like it[sm=badbadbad.gif] muhahahahahahaha...uh i mean i had already forgot that you have a auto-x car so all of that stuff would not help at all, looking at your pics id say you could still go with a creative paint scheme and have both the colors you want...the color of your car and gunmetal, and just mix and match the order like you know gunmetal in front and black in back, and then you could add some gunmetal accents in the engine bay and seats, and maybe add, a stylin black vinal, but why no cf hood? its lighter and it goes with your paint theme, and then you can add some cf accents to your console, and guages, and maybe a cf colored streering wheel, and cf shifter ****, and also gets some black sun visors and gets some black sunglasses that say Mazda 3 in the color of your, and also you could paint your side view mirrors black also or get really creative and get em cf, not only for style but they should be light also, and also ge the cf hood dampers that T_G_M6 no longer will have by tomorrow morning. Anyway about that cf hood that your gonna get, you should have it say Mazda 3 in sunlight silver metallic. And btw i added you to my friends list on cardomain.

Quick Reply: G2 Brake Caliper Paint System...