Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2018 CX-5 owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by lnwlf
I would venture to say that the edge and CX-5 share the same platform, but I can't swear to it. 10 secs is not bad at all... I read on a box that adding a particular CAI will knock off 2 secs of your 1/4 mile time(sarcasm)...

Any pics of the Mustang?
No, the CX-5 was Mazda's first KODO design project; it was a ground-up new design and not even a little bit was shared with Ford.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
No, the CX-5 was Mazda's first KODO design project; it was a ground-up new design and not even a little bit was shared with Ford.

Cool, as I said, couldn't swear by it. I know Mazda and Ford had been partnered up for years before, not sure if they still are or not. They did partner with Alfa Romeo on a beautiful car...

Old 02-01-2018, 09:41 AM

Cool, as I said, couldn't swear by it. I know Mazda and Ford had been partnered up for years before, not sure if they still are or not. They did partner with Alfa Romeo on a beautiful car...

Yeah, the Alfa was pretty much all Mazda for the initial design and then Alfa did their thing to it. If I was in the market for a small roadster it would be a hard decision which one I'd opt for.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Yeah, the Alfa was pretty much all Mazda for the initial design and then Alfa did their thing to it. If I was in the market for a small roadster it would be a hard decision which one I'd opt for.
Speaking of Alfa Romeo, we test drove the Alfa Romeo Stelvio and it was really great, but it was also above our budget. Also read about potential reliability issues, so decided to go with the CX-5.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:47 AM

hey congrats! i picked up my 2018 CX-5 GT a couple of weeks ago. I noticed one issue that i am having is with auto hold. When i press the button it blinks for few seconds and turns off by itself. I made sure the seat belts where on and the door was closed. It randomly works. Over the two week i've had this car it has worked like 2-3 times. Are you having any issue with your auto hold?

Old 02-07-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by srana2837
hey congrats! i picked up my 2018 CX-5 GT a couple of weeks ago. I noticed one issue that i am having is with auto hold. When i press the button it blinks for few seconds and turns off by itself. I made sure the seat belts where on and the door was closed. It randomly works. Over the two week i've had this car it has worked like 2-3 times. Are you having any issue with your auto hold?
Thanks and congrats on your CX-5, too. I did not have a chance to test out the auto hold, yet. The CX-5 is my wife's car and I get it to use only on the weekends
I'll report back once I try the auto hold.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:51 PM

I would venture to say that the edge and CX-5 share the same platform, but I can't swear to it. 10 secs is not bad at all... I read on a box that adding a particular CAI will knock off 2 secs of your 1/4 mile time(sarcasm)...

Any pics of the Mustang?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Li...g=w738-h492-no

Old 02-09-2018, 11:15 PM

Mazda and Ford have been separated for some years now. Mazda’s recent success is due to their own expertise and ingenuity.

Old 02-10-2018, 04:42 PM

Tried the auto hold today, it works fine in ours. If you experience any issues I would suggest to take it back to the dealer and have it checked out.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:25 AM

The auto hold works perfectly fine.