Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Your car needs a pill!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Default Your car needs a pill!

http://www.fuelthefuture.mybpbiz.com/index.asp?pgid=3

This just sounds too good to be true:

"Many drivers reported improved gas mileage up to 25% by simply dropping twoo pills into a 15 gallon tank of gas every time they fill up. Since these amazing pills are retailed for only $1 each, this means a savings of up to $10 every time you fill up!"

What do you guys think? Another scam?

Old 04-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Default RE: Your car needs a pill!

What do you guys think? Another scam?
Yes, definetly.

The only "real" way to improve the fuel economy of a vehicle (without putting a different engine in it), assuming it is in proper functioning order and is being driven in the most efficient manner, is to reduce the weight the vehicle has to lug around.

As far as I'm concerned, anyway...

Old 04-10-2006, 01:48 AM

the only way to know for sure is to try it out...

these quotes are from that link...

"BioPerformanceâ„¢ , Inc. doesn't guarantee anyone any results using the product "

"If BioPerformanceâ„¢ , Inc. can be shown in any test to have damaged any internal combustion engine, BioPerformanceâ„¢ , Inc. will replace the damaged parts of the engine for free of charge."\

at least if it hurts your car, theyll fix what their product messed up.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:28 AM

thats crap...they prolly put the pill in and since they did that, they prolly drove more conservatively and go "oh wow! omg the pill works!!"

Old 04-10-2006, 03:17 AM

TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!!!!

I read through some sites when I googled this garbage. I have also tried to "play" order this junk and they ONLY accept an eCheck...no payments by mail. This is a quote from their site:
"Note: BioPerformance does not accept payments through the mail." This way you don't know who you are dealing with. There is no credit card option, fearing charge backs from credit card companies. So it seems that they cannot get a maerchant account.........hmmmmm.......I wonder why?

This is an MLM, or Multi Level Marketing company. Better known as a "pyramid" scheme recruiting dealers to sell these pills. I would also compare these things to the "male enhancement" pills and the "lose weight without leaving your couch because you're fat and it's not your fault" pills!

I would not walk away from this offer, I would RUN!!

Old 04-10-2006, 03:25 AM

Oh, and another thing...anything that has "mybpbiz" in the web address is another dealer. SO BEWARE.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:40 PM

THe things they come out with...ha ha

What about the turbonator? Its a fan that goes in your intake hose and spins the air around. Makes sense, has anyone ever used it before?

Old 04-10-2006, 06:38 PM

spinning the air wont do anything...all the turbonator does is take up space and restrict air movement

Old 04-10-2006, 10:48 PM

these gimmicks that people come up with to make money are definitely funny... wonder what they will come out with next

Old 04-10-2006, 10:58 PM

Hey I am selling a winged spoiler that adds 15+HP to the mazda 6's...any takers?

Quick Reply: Your car needs a pill!