Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

what's your hobby....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Default RE: what's your hobby....

hahaha michael that was an awesome race. put a smile on my face.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:37 PM

I thought that was pretty good myself. anyway, I see your listing of hobbies is quite musical. I would have like to be involved with music somehow, but I cant read music, dont plan an instrument, and cant sing..and i listen to rap music, which people dont consider music anyway. But i would like to produce, that would be cool. good luck with all that you got going on, the recording industry is very shady

Old 03-24-2006, 08:07 PM

i already posted that vid, i thought it was funny but i dont think the focus had time to get some real speed

Old 03-24-2006, 08:33 PM

it didnt have a whole lotta length, but even if it did, the rc car could still beat a full size car going 0-60 and on 1/8th mile. check out this link, this car is set up just for drag, http://www.competitionx.com/Showroom1/TC3_Drag.html

Take a look at his times and speeds, bet keep in mind it is only 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile would be out of radio range

Old 03-25-2006, 11:51 PM

Hobbies

1) Restoring my Rx-7 (and upgrading as I restore)
2) Drawing (beautiful car pics, if onluy my scanner didn't suck you guys could see)
3) Playing Video Games (online) [Forza and Halo 2]
4) Reading about anyhting cars

Old 03-26-2006, 12:26 AM

Ive been meaning to ask somebody about that game Froza is it any good and whats your screen name for Halo 2?

Old 03-26-2006, 01:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

Ive been meaning to ask somebody about that game Froza is it any good and whats your screen name for Halo 2?
Forza was rated higher than GT4 by somemags, and others it's on par. The physics are great, and there is a wide selection of cars. Tunings good, and you can even throw in some non ricery visual mods too. Maybe a few ricer parts too, but everyhting visual in that game other than paint, vynil, window tints, and wheels, actually DOES something. Great game.

Halo 2 Gamertag is Easter Monkey but my friendslist is full. PM me your gamertag and I can delete someone I never play with to add you.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:34 AM

is forza realistic as it says it is, like if i put such and such in a certain car in the game, it will have the same in real life? oh and i dont get on Halo 2 that often because something always goes wrong with my internet connection or i always end up in games with hackers, and i dont have gamers tag of my own i use my friends

Old 03-26-2006, 02:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

is forza realistic as it says it is, like if i put such and such in a certain car in the game, it will have the same in real life? oh and i dont get on Halo 2 that often because something always goes wrong with my internet connection or i always end up in games with hackers, and i dont have gamers tag of my own i use my friends
well it's hard to say. For the most part yes, but parts are all ordered on a 3 stage basis: street, clubsport, and Racing. There aren't specific companies. also some mods are car specific which is good and realistic. Like the Rx-7's engine can be turboed, but not supercharged. wen other cars can be supercharged. However so mods are wayy off. Like racing engine tune says "ctrenghten pushrods, higher lift cam, bore out cylendars, etc." even with the Rx7 that doesn't have cams. I would compair other cars but I can't think right now. But let's say you buy a street turbo, it would be equal to the average cheap stage 1 turbo, but without brand specifics, you couldn't say it's accurate. Also the visual upgrades are real and you can buy them from real company names and etc. Like mazdaspeed body kits for all mazdaspeed editions of the mazdas in that game. and boomex bumpers that you could go to a website and order for your car in real life.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:23 AM

thats neat, ive seen vids on streetfire about Forza and they are mostly about drifting, i hear its supposed to be haed to drift in the game is this true?

Quick Reply: what's your hobby....