Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

What song are you listening to now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Default RE: What song are you listening to now?

Pearl Jam - Jeremy (on the radio herein the shop, I can hear it from the service lane.)

Old 10-13-2008, 11:51 AM
VB

Aerosmith - Rag Doll.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:22 PM

Rise Against - Re-education

btw, VB- I saw your earlier post in this about considering an Astra, and since I work for service at a Saturn dealership, I want tostrongly advise you not to get one, unless they make some changes to them in the upcoming model years...They are honestly one of the WORST cars I've ever driven.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:39 AM
VB

ORIGINAL: zoomzoom6chick

Rise Against - Re-education

btw, VB- I saw your earlier post in this about considering an Astra, and since I work for service at a Saturn dealership, I want to strongly advise you not to get one, unless they make some changes to them in the upcoming model years...They are honestly one of the WORST cars I've ever driven.
Really? The Europeans seem to love them.

Rise Against - But Tonight We Dance. Coincidentally, I just got back from a Rise Against concert at the Roseland Ballroom. They're great performers.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 AM

Rise against is awesome. Very good live, I didn't realize they were on tour at all...but I guess I havent really been keeping up with that stuff lately.
As for the Astra...if you drove one, you would definitely understand. Even with the gas mileage they get, we still have a problem getting them OFF the lot. As far as I've seen, we've sold maybe 20 since we got them in December. They handle pretty well, but everything else is just wacky. All the dash controls are hard to decipher...no labels just numbers. I have a hard time remembering what button does what. And the engine is too tiny...1.8l. I know power isnt always the most important thing, but this thing is SO sluggish its unbelievable. Even saturn's old little S-series had bigger engines. Not to mention the fact that all 4 that we had as loaner cars had the timing belt squeaking like 2 weeks after being driven, every time you tapped the gas. Just my opinion, maybe they'll get better...but here in service we like to refer to them as straight up **** cars.

Current song,
Incubus - The Warmth

Old 10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: VB

btw, VB- I saw your earlier post in this about considering an Astra, and since I work for service at a Saturn dealership, I want to strongly advise you not to get one, unless they make some changes to them in the upcoming model years...They are honestly one of the WORST cars I've ever driven.
Isn"t the Astra just an American version of the Opel? If I am correct about that, and I haven't driven either myself, Top Gear hated it too.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:30 PM

Ha, really? I've only watched the show a couple times. And yeah, same thing as the Opel.. They're terrible. They do have a really nice sunroof that is kinda like the Ford Edge, where it extends to the back seat, its really nice. The only thing I like about the car, actually![:'(]

Old 10-14-2008, 04:43 PM
VB

ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: VB

Isn"t the Astra just an American version of the Opel? If I am correct about that, and I haven't driven either myself, Top Gear hated it too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QhS6FKeP1s

Although, I don't always listen to TG...because they like the Golf. For the 23K, I'll have the much quicker Cobalt SS.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:47 PM

Ha! I lika to smoka my tires...ohh yes. Jeez this guy cracks me up. I wouldn't always listen to them either, especially after watching that. Buutttt they can hit the nail right on the head sometimes.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:49 PM
VB

Ha! I lika to smoka my tires...ohh yes. Jeez this guy cracks me up. I wouldn't always listen to them either, especially after watching that. Buutttt they can hit the nail right on the head sometimes.

For example, Hammond really liked the Mazda 6.

Quick Reply: What song are you listening to now?