Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

What Have You Done To YOUR Mazda Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 PM

yea it turned a 15min job into like 45min p.i.t.a, i had already replaced the front 3 in school, the rear passenger side bolt is completely frozen so yea, im planning on rewiring my downstream o2 sensor as soon as i can get the correct plug for it

Old 10-02-2009, 10:02 PM

recieved and installed my magnaflow exhaust system....and I think I'm in love!

Old 10-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

marshtric!! You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME??
Copying my own post as your own to SPAM up the forum??
Gee, let's just see where else you've been.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CKeffer
received and installed my Magnaflow exhaust system....and I think I'm in love!

Congrats, Cameron!!! And, I know what you mean. Even if you get little to no gains from it, just being able to HEAR the engine and shift points is VERY satisfying to a gearhead, which I have no doubt you are a member of.
As you may have read, I hardly ever listen to the stereo in my car. I don't even care if the speakers are factory or not. These days I prefer to listen to the sweet sounds of my exhaust system.
Try it, you'll like it.

BTW: Did some fine tuning of the 55w HID's. I'm getting too many people "flashing" me, especially on the back roads.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:56 PM

haha that means your aiming is correct

Old 10-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, at first I thought they were just reacting to the bright white light, and maybe they are since it is only on back roads that this seems to happen, but as time went on it became a concern that I was blinding other drivers. Plus I have heard of cops ticketing people from time to time (2 people I know of) for mis-adjusted headlights. I'm sure that's not a daily occurrence though.
We'll see. If I CAN'T see, I will just have adjust them slightly higher and take my chances.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:54 PM

If you pull up to a wall Richard you will see a slight arc above the cutoff line, that is what they are complaining about.
On a side note, I think I have a set of heads from a GT lined up, so I may have legal HID's yet.
But if I don't get those I am also thinking about doing what Remi did with the clear lenses.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

Congrats, Cameron!!! And, I know what you mean. Even if you get little to no gains from it, just being able to HEAR the engine and shift points is VERY satisfying to a gearhead, which I have no doubt you are a member of.
As you may have read, I hardly ever listen to the stereo in my car. I don't even care if the speakers are factory or not. These days I prefer to listen to the sweet sounds of my exhaust system.
Try it, you'll like it.

BTW: Did some fine tuning of the 55w HID's. I'm getting too many people "flashing" me, especially on the back roads.

Been listening to it all weekend. I gotta say, it sounds even better with the engine wide open on an autox course!

Old 10-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

I'll bet it does, Cameron.

Originally Posted by Siber Express
If you pull up to a wall Richard you will see a slight arc above the cutoff line, that is what they are complaining about.
On a side note, I think I have a set of heads from a GT lined up, so I may have legal HID's yet.
But if I don't get those I am also thinking about doing what Remi did with the clear lenses.
I wish I could do what Remi did. It sounds like a very good alternative to spending way too much for OE assems. But chances are it would never happen, even if I got the lenses and had them in-hand.
I have been using a wall for adjustment, but I have to get to work even earlier than I have to in order to play around with it. Then the on-site Security guards usually want to know what I'm up to, so I have to tell them I work here and am just trying to adjust my headlight's.

Problem is not the cutoff, I have that set perfectly. The problems seems to be two-fold:
1) I have never had HIDs before and don't know where the baseline cutoff should be for them. I have only a basic reference, so I have to experiment.
2) When I installed the kits, I turned the adjustment screws 1/2 turn down as a baseline setting. They were so low from where the halogen bulbs had been that I had to stop on my way to work and bring them up (No wall that time. I had to guess.)

I'll get it though.
Hey, I used to have 2-7" 55w-100w Euro Cibie H4's headlights and two other sets of Carello aux lights, passing and turning lights (white fogs) to adjust regularly on both my Volvo sedan and Honda and I got very good at it.

Last edited by virgin1; 10-04-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:35 PM

Here is the stock from the factory cutoff
Name:  TeslaandtheMazdaHL029.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  213.0 KB
and after the 6000K 35W HID's
Name:  TeslaandtheMazdaHL034.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  241.1 KB
Car has not moved and the HID's are a tad higher but did drop after the bumper was reinstalled, I have not adjusted them and get flashed about as many times as I did with the Silver Stars in it.

Quick Reply: What Have You Done To YOUR Mazda Today?