Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

What do you wish MAZDA had included with your model

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 11:10 AM
Default What do you wish MAZDA had included with your model

I thought starting a thread about things we wish had been a standard feature or included on our Mazda would be interesting.

My 2018 (late Production) Japanese built Mazda 3 did not come with a CD player. It also had no glovebox light.

Both of which I have installed myself but did think my Mazda should have come with them.

Last edited by grim_reaper; 11-19-2022 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:51 PM

I have a 2022 CX-5 S Preferred. I wish it had:

1) side mirror position linked to the seat memory
2) remote start on the fob, not just app
2a) remote start that kept the car on when you open the door
3) glovebox light (added)
4) outside temperature display next to the Mazda Connect/Infotainment clock (it is on the multi-display but not every screen, plus it is on Connect/infotainment if using Carplay or Android Auto)

Old 10-28-2022, 06:14 PM

A manual off/on switch for the DDL (Daylight Driving Lights)

Added one myself........

Old 10-29-2022, 11:19 AM

A free wheel lockout so it can be towed behind an RV.

Old 10-30-2022, 10:10 AM

A larger Tachometer. The itty-bitty tach in the Automatic models is pretty much a joke? If you sport drive there is no real safe way to glance at the tach and it is to small to see it in your peripheral vision to judge the engine speed.

Added one myself........

Old 10-30-2022, 10:12 AM

I find it interesting all the members on various thread complaining about what they didn't get with their Mazda and yet a specific thread and none of them are posting.

Grouch post # 4 good thought and post!

Old 10-30-2022, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I find it interesting all the members on various thread complaining about what they didn't get with their Mazda and yet a specific thread and none of them are posting.

Grouch post # 4 good thought and post!

After posting it, I was watching Motorweek and they were talking about the new version of the CX-5. I didn't quite catch all the details because of my hearing but it said they will all be AWD. That may just be the turbo or one particular trim, but those can't be towed using a tow dolly.

We went camping once and while the off road part was covered by my truck, the general running around (nearest town was 20 miles away) I used "Ruby" as she gets 30 mpg compared to 12 in the truck. Plus, that let momma head off while I was helping some other people with trail,breakage.

Old 10-30-2022, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Grouch
After posting it, I was watching Motorweek and they were talking about the new version of the CX-5. I didn't quite catch all the details because of my hearing but it said they will all be AWD. That may just be the turbo or one particular trim, but those can't be towed using a tow dolly.

We went camping once and while the off road part was covered by my truck, the general running around (nearest town was 20 miles away) I used "Ruby" as she gets 30 mpg compared to 12 in the truck. Plus, that let momma head off while I was helping some other people with trail,breakage.
Not 100% sure about the new MAZDA AWD because it been years since I installed one... but it is to bad Remco went out of business. On most AWD the problem is lubrication while the wheels are rotating. REMCO solved that problem with many AWD. I have used their kits or at least their pumps (which are still available) for a few automatic projects. They make great fluid suppling back up pumps and also aide in colling down transmission fluid.
My last one I designed up my own system was on my FWD TurboCharged PT Cruiser. You can see the REMCO pump in the upper right of the picture.

Old 10-30-2022, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Not 100% sure about the new MAZDA AWD because it been years since I installed one... but it is to bad Remco went out of business. On most AWD the problem is lubrication while the wheels are rotating. REMCO solved that problem with many AWD. I have used their kits or at least their pumps (which are still available) for a few automatic projects. They make great fluid suppling back up pumps and also aide in colling down transmission fluid.
My last one I designed up my own system was on my FWD TurboCharged PT Cruiser. You can see the REMCO pump in the upper right of the picture.

A fluid pump would let one flat tow. On an FWD, a tow dolly gets the drive wheels off the road and the rear wheels just free wheel. When we went wheeling and camping, I had a tow dolly. I had to rent a U-haul car trailer. There went $250 I hadn't planned on spending. My previous car got plastered and I bought the AWD CX-5.

Old 10-30-2022, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Grouch
A fluid pump would let one flat tow. On an FWD, a tow dolly gets the drive wheels off the road and the rear wheels just free wheel. When we went wheeling and camping, I had a tow dolly. I had to rent a U-haul car trailer. There went $250 I hadn't planned on spending. My previous car got plastered and I bought the AWD CX-5.
Yes I owned a tow dolly. It was much more convenient then my trailers. Especially for needing to move a car quickly. I have installed the Remco kit on at least 1 AWD (not MAZDA) . It would not be that hard to build an AWD towing kit. All the individual parts are still available. But as I said I would need to do some more research on the MAZDA AWD to know for sure. But from a quick look it simply needs the differential and transmission pressure fluid supplied during towing.
I will run it by my marketer next week. If he feels there is a potential market for them, I will work on a kit.

Quick Reply: What do you wish MAZDA had included with your model