Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   Virgin1's Virgin(1) (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/virgin1s-virgin-1-a-11568/)

virgin1 11-24-2007 02:26 PM

Virgin1's Virgin(1)

6 Attachment(s)

A little shameless self promotion here. We need a place on this forum for ppl to show off their rides. This oneis mine.

Since my sig is out of date, and I have a new computer that will not run my favorite and most familiar picture program I thought I'd like to document and update the information. Here are some of the new mods:
[align=center]

Aluminum Fuel Door
Attachment 7034

Dual Horn Mod
Attachment 7035

Redline Tuning Quick Lift Hood Strut Kit. [/align][align=center]A REALLY nice mod, imo. One hand to open and close the hood!!
Attachment 7036

I finally dumped the "Poor Man's" SRI for a [/align][align=center]Mazdaspeed CAI.
Attachment 7037 Attachment 7038

And finally, theAuto ExeGrill (knock-off,) Kosei wheels and Kumho 225/45-17 ASX's

Attachment 7039

[/align]
Divorce court to follow... Nah, just kidding, but I think I'd better not push my luck for a little while, especially w/the holidays upon us... if you know what I mean.

jaimie08mazda3 11-24-2007 02:30 PM

RE: Virgin1's Virgin(1)

that is no longer a virgin. LOL.

SPeeDy3 11-24-2007 02:56 PM

i love it dude (hippie talk). wished u lived around my area to help me with the work i need to do on mine...

virgin1 11-24-2007 03:40 PM

Thanks guys. It's taken a while, and will continue to, but she's getting there (where I want her to be.) ;)

warp 11-24-2007 04:25 PM

Looks great! It sounds awesome too, Iheard the video. The grill looks sweet but Im not feeling the fuel door. Let me ask ya....

How's it ride with the wheels? How wide are they? (not the tires the rim)

What did you do to the rear fender reflectors?

What else you got planned?

virgin1 11-24-2007 05:34 PM

Thanks warp. So many questions....
Well, the fuel door: I wasn't sure about it either.I have grown to like it but lately have been thinking of having it painted(professionally) the same color as the new wheels. What would you think about that?
The ride/wheels: It rides just fine. I purposely chose the Kosei'sbecause they are nearly 5lbs. lighter than the OE's and even w/the wider rubber I saved about 3lbs/corner of unsprung weight. They are also very close to the stock offset of +52.5mm.I wanted that to avoid other steering and tracking issues. They are 17"x7"x +50mm, 13.7lbs. andlarge enough for any tire I'd want to put on this car.The steering is a bit lighter and she turns in better than before.
The rear reflectors: A $2 roll of white reflector tape wrapped around the original reflectors, same stuff you see on the back of Police car bumpers. 'Been on there now, and hassle free, for 2 yrs. Gotta' love the cheap mods.
Planned: As much as I would like to, I don't think turboing is in our future. The simple answer is it's just too much for my budget.
I do plan on a lighter flywheel and StageI/StageII clutch however. Plus whatever I can do to lighten up the car w/o reducing it's usefulness as a daily driver, it's main purpose in life.
I would also like to find someone that can "tune" this thing.I don't have the hardware, software or the knowledge.
Appearance wise I have wanted to lose the side turn signal repeaters for some time. Replace them by using the LED side mirror covers (in Rally White of course. Chrome would not do.)
I already have a nearly complete suspension sitting in my shop waiting to be installed. It includes: A set of H&R springs (1.3"F/1.2"R); Koni "Yellow" Sports; SPC rear camber links; and a GT Spec front brace. I do not have a set of MS or Eibach (same thing) Sway bars. I feel they are the best of both worlds vs. the RB's which are too heavy (imo) for a street car. I'm currently running only the Progress rear bar.
I also have a complete set of EBC "Green" Stuff pads, but need a nice set of rotors to go along with them.
WHEW!!! Does that answer your questions?? I'm worn out, Man!! :D

Siber Express 11-24-2007 05:37 PM

Looking good, someday I hope mine looks half of that [8D]

warp 11-24-2007 06:22 PM

Yeah like the rims would be cool. The rims are gunmetal color?
I like the fuel door but with the clean shave look and all the fuel door color not being white throws it off a bit, IMO.

I dont like the turn signals in the front fenders either. I saw some fenders for the car with vents that looked cool. Then I thought of putting false vents on top of the turn signals but I decided it was way too ghetto. LOL

jaimie08mazda3 11-24-2007 06:25 PM

hmmm you know what. im going to texas and taking those rims... providing you have no wheel locks LOL. just kiddin man i wouldnt do that... i want some 17s on my car that are like chrome.. that would be nice dont you think??

virgin1 11-24-2007 06:36 PM

^ ^ ^ RICER!! ^ ^ ^

They're more along the lines of graphite. They glisten, the same way pencil lead does in the light,but don't really shine like a gloss finish would.More of a semi-gloss. Not black either, but a med-dark grey. The lighting has a lot to do with it.
Tell you what though, they hide the brake dust really well!! :D

jaimie08mazda3 11-24-2007 06:37 PM

RICER?! noooo i dont want a fart can and a body kit that makes your car look like it was made of plastic. anyway im off to go take my brother to hockey . till then have a good one. dont talk too much without me:D:D:D

warp 11-24-2007 08:38 PM

There are some sweet body kits for the hatch....not too ricey at all.....:D:D:D Not like a fake hoodscoop....;);)

Brake dust colored rims are where it's at! I like the look of the darker rims. Especiallly with the white or gray colors.

virgin1 11-25-2007 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Nope. No body kits. A few added on choice pieces though, maybe.

And yeah, I was a little torn between the silver rims 'cause I like them and the graphite ones. But the brake dust issue won out in the end.
This is how it might have looked w/the silver rims and no repeaters.(I added the Mazda center caps.)The picture is a little bright. I pushed the color more than I should have, but not bad eh?

Siber Express 11-25-2007 07:40 AM

I like the repeater delete, makes it look a lot cleaner[sm=goodidea.gif]
I have been looking at ADR J Drives in polished and black.

virgin1 11-25-2007 07:48 AM

Gotta' pic?
Be careful w/ADR though, and watch those eBay sellers too. I was looking at the Cyphers for a while too.

Siber Express 11-25-2007 08:11 AM

I can't get the pic to show up from Photobucket, But the link should be good.

I have been running the ADR Sterlings on the F150 for almost 4 years, and I have had no problems with them ;)
Here is a link to the EBay auction, better pics
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m32

virgin1 11-25-2007 08:20 AM

Hmmmm. I don't usually go for the shiney wheels, but y'know, they mightjust be OK w/Phanton Purple!! A good choice I'd say!! I like that the spokes come nearly to the edge. tThat's important so that the wheel doesn'tlook too small for the car.
The size, and especially the offset are within acceptable limits too. You shouldn't have any problems w/clearance, steeringor tracking.
A good looking wheel all around I'd say. And I wish mine had been that cheap too. ;)

Siber Express 11-25-2007 08:33 AM

With the 150, I removed almost all chrome, including shaving emblems and the antennae of the front fenders, so the only shine it has is the paint and the machined wheels from the side.
I was looking at Sterlings for the 3, but the 18's are 8.5 inches and the offset is 38, no fit, no way, no how LOL. But I do like the machined look [sm=smiley20.gif]

virgin1 11-25-2007 08:36 AM

This is the wheel Siber is thinking about for his PhantomPurple mica.I think they'll look great, and if I still had my PS capabilities, I'd do one for ya'. What do you guys think?

[center]
http://i5.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/c3/26/53fa_10.JPG

jaimie08mazda3 11-25-2007 11:44 AM

sexyyyy. i want it.

SPeeDy3 11-25-2007 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Nope. No body kits. A few added on choice pieces though, maybe.

And yeah, I was a little torn between the silver rims 'cause I like them and the graphite ones. But the brake dust issue won out in the end.
This is how it might have looked w/the silver rims and no repeaters.(I added the Mazda center caps.)The picture is a little bright. I pushed the color more than I should have, but not bad eh?
[align=center]
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...isSilver.E.jpg

[/align]

in inquired bout betting my side moldings shaved off as well.. the guy was tell ing "dont do it! ur car is sexy the way it is! also its gonna be very expensive......" lol honest guy didnt wanna take my money.. hahah... how much did u pay for that project?

jaimie08mazda3 11-25-2007 01:07 PM

i think that is just a photoshopped pic of what it could look like.. i believe he still has them if im not mistaken

virgin1 11-25-2007 01:11 PM

You are mistaken Jaime.The side molding has been offfor about two years now.

It doesn't cost anything to do. Again, gotta' love the cheap/free mods.
Get some dental floss, fishing line, etc, and just get it started. Then pull carefully. It's taped on, but a warm day or at least a hair dryer would help.

warp 11-25-2007 01:39 PM

I think the phantom purple with those rims would be rad. yo. I almost boughtthose rims from nate formy black3 but I got these instead...
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-170718.html

The ones Ihave are silver but not shiny.

You need to photoshop some fender vents on that baby, c'mon.....and a hood scoop...a big one like from a dragracer.[:-];):D:)[:-];):D:)

virgin1 11-25-2007 01:49 PM

Those lookgood! And I'll bet th look good on a black car too. Got Pics?

SPeeDy3 11-25-2007 01:49 PM

wont it leave any indentations? would there be any space to fill in?

virgin1 11-25-2007 01:51 PM

Oh, and Nooooo!!! No "fender vents," or hood scoops thatgo no where!! Waayyyy too ghetto.

jaimie08mazda3 11-25-2007 01:54 PM

i have my friends always tell me that the side mouldings look bad and the side turn signals look bad. but you can criticize me on this one... i think they look good on the car.. it just looks neat.

virgin1 11-25-2007 02:04 PM

I'm not gonna criticize you. It took me a while to come around too. Now, I wouldn't want it any other way.

jaimie08mazda3 11-25-2007 02:12 PM

if you take those side mouldings off... can they ever go back on?

virgin1 11-25-2007 02:20 PM

If you're willing to re-tape them they can. But once removed the tape isn't very good and I wouldn't trust it. 'Course by the time I did it I had a lot of dirt built up under there which may have caused it to go bad too. I'm not sure.

SPeeDy3 11-25-2007 02:58 PM

honestly, i like the stock grill better than the current one you have on ur car, virgin. i saiy that cuz u had the mazda emblem red, which made it stand out... now its looks too plain [sm=imsorry.gif]

virgin1 11-25-2007 03:17 PM

I formed this thread to not only showoff my car, but to ask (in essence at least) for opinions. It's OK w/me that your opinion differs from my own.
That said, I like the single bar grill for several reasons, not the least of isthat emblem you like so much (I liked it too btw) was a bitch-and-a-half to take care of. Stone chips and repaints all the time. Then there's the sun's effects on red paint.

Many don't like the look though. I think this new generation is one of black and white. Their favorite "colors" seem to be black, white and gray.I don't get it, but I have taken a lot of **** from them trying to add some color to my otherwise black and white car. "Too many colors" they say. "Stick to one!" I am only using red, and a very deep shade of red@ that, and blue.

You're one of the few of this younger generation that actually says he liked it!!

SPeeDy3 11-25-2007 04:04 PM

lol well im used to seeing gun metal, black, silver, and chrome on most cars. its a realy treat to see different colors on cars.. theres a white 07 sti with stock rims, but painted hulk green. it sounds weird but it looks so ****in awesome!! and alot of peopl around my neighborhood powdercoat their rims... gold.... it looked good at first, but it just looks cheesy now (i say cheesy cuz when the color dulls, it starts to resemble the color of nacho cheese). lol speaking of black, white, or grey.... im thinkin of putting black OZ racing rims on my car.. haha..

opinions?

[IMG]local://upfiles/11538/CFA16BAE9303432DA716AE3B74CA9862.jpg[/IMG]

virgin1 11-25-2007 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7032

SPeeDy3 11-25-2007 04:12 PM

holy crap!!! where did u ge tthat pic????

jaimie08mazda3 11-25-2007 04:29 PM

that must be the exact same car looking at speedy's reaction lol. but you know what.. i myself like the stock grille instead of the one you got on... it just doesnt look as good and as speedy said.. plain.. you should put the other one back on because that red emblem is awesome.. stone chips... touchup paint :D looooooots of touchup paint:D:D:D

virgin1 11-25-2007 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

I know all.I see all. I am the Master of the Universe!! Muha~ha~ha~ha~ha!!!

jaimie08mazda3 11-25-2007 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

I know all.I see all. I am the Master of the Universe!! Muha~ha~ha~ha~ha!!!

a.k.a he is the stalker of the universe.. THE WORLD IS NO LONGER SAFE... AS RICHARD WILL STALK YOU ALL:D:D

virgin1 11-25-2007 05:00 PM

How about this one?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...greenepva5.jpg