Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Virgin1's Virgin(1)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default Virgin1's Virgin(1)

A little shameless self promotion here. We need a place on this forum for ppl to show off their rides. This oneis mine.

Since my sig is out of date, and I have a new computer that will not run my favorite and most familiar picture program I thought I'd like to document and update the information. Here are some of the new mods:
[align=center]

Aluminum Fuel Door
Name:  IMG_1086W.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  54.9 KB

Dual Horn Mod
Name:  IMG_1125W.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  48.3 KB

Redline Tuning Quick Lift Hood Strut Kit. [/align][align=center]A REALLY nice mod, imo. One hand to open and close the hood!!
Name:  IMG_1139E.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  44.5 KB

I finally dumped the "Poor Man's" SRI for a [/align][align=center]Mazdaspeed CAI.
Name:  IMG_1124W.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  47.2 KB Name:  IMG_1122W.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  44.8 KB

And finally, theAuto ExeGrill (knock-off,) Kosei wheels and Kumho 225/45-17 ASX's

Name:  IMG_1292E.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  127.6 KB

[/align]
Divorce court to follow... Nah, just kidding, but I think I'd better not push my luck for a little while, especially w/the holidays upon us... if you know what I mean.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Default RE: Virgin1's Virgin(1)

that is no longer a virgin. LOL.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:56 PM

i love it dude (hippie talk). wished u lived around my area to help me with the work i need to do on mine...

Old 11-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. It's taken a while, and will continue to, but she's getting there (where I want her to be.)

Old 11-24-2007, 04:25 PM

Looks great! It sounds awesome too, Iheard the video. The grill looks sweet but Im not feeling the fuel door. Let me ask ya....

How's it ride with the wheels? How wide are they? (not the tires the rim)

What did you do to the rear fender reflectors?

What else you got planned?

Old 11-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks warp. So many questions....
Well, the fuel door: I wasn't sure about it either.I have grown to like it but lately have been thinking of having it painted(professionally) the same color as the new wheels. What would you think about that?
The ride/wheels: It rides just fine. I purposely chose the Kosei'sbecause they are nearly 5lbs. lighter than the OE's and even w/the wider rubber I saved about 3lbs/corner of unsprung weight. They are also very close to the stock offset of +52.5mm.I wanted that to avoid other steering and tracking issues. They are 17"x7"x +50mm, 13.7lbs. andlarge enough for any tire I'd want to put on this car.The steering is a bit lighter and she turns in better than before.
The rear reflectors: A $2 roll of white reflector tape wrapped around the original reflectors, same stuff you see on the back of Police car bumpers. 'Been on there now, and hassle free, for 2 yrs. Gotta' love the cheap mods.
Planned: As much as I would like to, I don't think turboing is in our future. The simple answer is it's just too much for my budget.
I do plan on a lighter flywheel and StageI/StageII clutch however. Plus whatever I can do to lighten up the car w/o reducing it's usefulness as a daily driver, it's main purpose in life.
I would also like to find someone that can "tune" this thing.I don't have the hardware, software or the knowledge.
Appearance wise I have wanted to lose the side turn signal repeaters for some time. Replace them by using the LED side mirror covers (in Rally White of course. Chrome would not do.)
I already have a nearly complete suspension sitting in my shop waiting to be installed. It includes: A set of H&R springs (1.3"F/1.2"R); Koni "Yellow" Sports; SPC rear camber links; and a GT Spec front brace. I do not have a set of MS or Eibach (same thing) Sway bars. I feel they are the best of both worlds vs. the RB's which are too heavy (imo) for a street car. I'm currently running only the Progress rear bar.
I also have a complete set of EBC "Green" Stuff pads, but need a nice set of rotors to go along with them.
WHEW!!! Does that answer your questions?? I'm worn out, Man!!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:37 PM

Looking good, someday I hope mine looks half of that [8D]

Old 11-24-2007, 06:22 PM

Yeah like the rims would be cool. The rims are gunmetal color?
I like the fuel door but with the clean shave look and all the fuel door color not being white throws it off a bit, IMO.

I dont like the turn signals in the front fenders either. I saw some fenders for the car with vents that looked cool. Then I thought of putting false vents on top of the turn signals but I decided it was way too ghetto. LOL

Old 11-24-2007, 06:25 PM

hmmm you know what. im going to texas and taking those rims... providing you have no wheel locks LOL. just kiddin man i wouldnt do that... i want some 17s on my car that are like chrome.. that would be nice dont you think??

Old 11-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

^ ^ ^ RICER!! ^ ^ ^

They're more along the lines of graphite. They glisten, the same way pencil lead does in the light,but don't really shine like a gloss finish would.More of a semi-gloss. Not black either, but a med-dark grey. The lighting has a lot to do with it.
Tell you what though, they hide the brake dust really well!!

Quick Reply: Virgin1's Virgin(1)