Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Today's Weather

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Default RE: Today's Weather

i loved today. driving in it was a challenge, which is always fun.

altho i can see myself being late for school tomorow lol

Old 12-16-2007, 08:58 PM

well since worked called to tell me not to come in im like oooooooooookay. soo i slept in lol

Old 12-16-2007, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

omg today was horrible. i never drove my car far (except off the driveway onto the street and back. my boss called me and was like yeeeeeea dont bother driving in. its **** weather lol. the snow was a foot deep lolll. i hate you all who live in warm, climate
If it helps Jaimie, we had Snow Flurries today, but it is going to get into the mid 40's tomorrow and the 50's the day after [8D]

Old 12-16-2007, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Siber Express

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

omg today was horrible. i never drove my car far (except off the driveway onto the street and back. my boss called me and was like yeeeeeea dont bother driving in. its **** weather lol. the snow was a foot deep lolll. i hate you all who live in warm, climate
If it helps Jaimie, we had Snow Flurries today, but it is going to get into the mid 40's tomorrow and the 50's the day after [8D]
oh bite me kenneth. your lucky.. BUT I GOT GOOD NEWS. tomorrow im going to the dominican republic and beeeeecasue my parents are driving to do the park and fly.. my car gets the garage YAY ME

Old 12-17-2007, 10:34 PM

Had an experience just last night. Trying to get home in a blinding snowstorm and only 7 or 8 miles to go. It was an absolute white-out - - - glare of the headlights on heavy snow, snow building up on the freeway surface, and wipers barely able to keep up. I could see absolutely nothing except the faint edge of the road on the right hand side, so I was feeling my way along at about 25 mph watching that edge. There weren't any other cars on the freeway - everybody else had enough smarts to stay home. I was doing ok and feeling pretty secure in my '92 B2600i truck in 4wd. Up ahead I saw an exit sign marking a frontage road that would take me home so made up my mind to get off the freeway. Watching that right side edge, I waited for the exit and finally swung to the right and realized my mistake almost immediately. I had turned before the sign and the actual exit is after the sign, but in my blindness I had been too eager to get off. I could feel the road surface change and realized that I was off on the shoulder which I know drops off pretty steeply. I was gently braking to avoid locking up and skidding. The truck started to fishtail and then started sliding sideways - passenger side first and I could see that exit sign coming at me. Thankfully. still in 4wd drive, I gave it enough gas to straighten up and then back up the bank toward the freeway. Knew I had to keep it moving or risk getting stuck. Bounced around a lot but finally smoothed out on the freeway again. I swung to the right again, this time correctly on the frontage road exit and slid to a stop at the bottom of the hill. Heart was in my throat and it's a wonder I didn't have to clean out my shorts. Caught my breath for a minute or two and then went on home on the frontage road and made it ok.Close call.

Rolomac

Old 12-22-2007, 08:38 PM

lets see... today was....gloomy.
the snow is melting again, so all the white snow is now brown snow (ew)...and everything is wet. and i think it rained slightly today too....

Old 12-23-2007, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: rolomac

Had an experience just last night. Trying to get home in a blinding snowstorm and only 7 or 8 miles to go. It was an absolute white-out - - - glare of the headlights on heavy snow, snow building up on the freeway surface, and wipers barely able to keep up. I could see absolutely nothing except the faint edge of the road on the right hand side, so I was feeling my way along at about 25 mph watching that edge. There weren't any other cars on the freeway - everybody else had enough smarts to stay home. I was doing ok and feeling pretty secure in my '92 B2600i truck in 4wd. Up ahead I saw an exit sign marking a frontage road that would take me home so made up my mind to get off the freeway. Watching that right side edge, I waited for the exit and finally swung to the right and realized my mistake almost immediately. I had turned before the sign and the actual exit is after the sign, but in my blindness I had been too eager to get off. I could feel the road surface change and realized that I was off on the shoulder which I know drops off pretty steeply. I was gently braking to avoid locking up and skidding. The truck started to fishtail and then started sliding sideways - passenger side first and I could see that exit sign coming at me. Thankfully. still in 4wd drive, I gave it enough gas to straighten up and then back up the bank toward the freeway. Knew I had to keep it moving or risk getting stuck. Bounced around a lot but finally smoothed out on the freeway again. I swung to the right again, this time correctly on the frontage road exit and slid to a stop at the bottom of the hill. Heart was in my throat and it's a wonder I didn't have to clean out my shorts. Caught my breath for a minute or two and then went on home on the frontage road and made it ok.Close call.

Rolomac
damn...it horrible driving it that condition, but when its so stormy and dark that u cant see ur hand in front of u is just plain scary.. gald to hear everything is ok.. no dings or nething right?

Old 12-23-2007, 12:44 PM

todays weather...

sucks *****!!
about 6 degree celcius out, about 6 inches of snow, and lots of rain. ick!

and then the everything will freeze tonite, and then its going to snow.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:26 PM

it's just freakin cold here low 30's where's my az heat?!

Old 12-24-2007, 12:05 AM

23 degrees and 30 mph winds. Ugh.

Quick Reply: Today's Weather