Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Default Ticket

Poor chris, better carry plenty of cash to buy you'r way out of the southern jail. 10 year old ticked= plenty of late fees.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:36 AM

Back from Flordia. Not happy about that. Cold again. Weather was fantastic.
Frog. Although I did dump a ton of money in your economy, non of it, thankfully, was to the state police. Did see a lot of people pulled over driving to and from there. (I am not 24 anymore, so speeding was not on the agenda. Trap or no trap)

Car worked great. Since your gas is cheap. I averaged 6.5 lt to 7.0 lt per hundred. I actually got great mileage going thru the mountains. Couldn't use the cruise thru the Virginias cause the car always wanted to floor it. I figure I spent less than 150 Canadian to drive almost 5000kms.

Will have to take my car in for it's oil change. Even though it was done two weeks ago.

Wonder if I should do the trans fluid as well.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Well Welcome Back, Chris!!! 'Glad you had a good time.
I'll have to do some calculations though to figure out what kinda' mileage your talking about. 'Put it into something I as an American can relate to.
What did you do when you were there?

Trans fluid? Ahhhh, automatic?? If so, then probably a good idea. Though remember that long trips are generally the easiest on a cars drivetrain.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:40 PM

Hey V.

We did quite a bit, even though we only stayed for a week.

We were in Orlando. Stayed at a hotel right beside Sea World. So, that's what we did the first day. (Have an 8 year old girl who loves the dolphins...not the football team

2nd day we went to Dolphin Cove to swim with the dolphins of course. I'd say that was the best day.

3rd day we went to Aquatica water park to get more wet.

4th day we lounged arount the pool.

Interesting. Was watching the news. (Really like watching Obama talk) They were about to launch the shuttle. I thought to myself....I wonder. So I looked out my hotel window and sure enough. I saw the lauch. Was even close enough to see the booster rockets break away. Very neat indeed.

Left around 4am to head home. Drove straight thru (with some rest stops) I'd say it took 24 + hours to get home.

I only took a week off of work. For me that means a Fri, Sat, Sun. (I work 3 twelves) So, I had to be back for Friday. Wife works Mon to Fri. So that's why we could only stay for so long.

Next time I will fly down.

Talk to you later.