Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Rhino Ramps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Default RE: Rhino Ramps?

92 323 4 cyl

Old 10-24-2005, 09:52 PM
roo

ORIGINAL: Alucard

oh yeah well that helps. I wish I had some one I knew that I could pay a small fee and when they had open space go work in there shop. I really hate doing my work in my Apt. complex I hate having people come up to me every time I work on my car. I had a kid try to run away with one of my fog lamps. Gosh I was so mad. But I have a guy that parks next to me, he has a Pontiac GTO and boy is that thing nice. He is really cool he always asks me what I am doing and asks if he could help me out any.

I just need some where I could work and may be use some really cool tools. Oh well like thats ever going to happen.

Yeah the ramps are great. The ones I have where only 30 bucks at autozone and they are rated at 8000lbs so yeah my car is only about 2000lbs so its great. I got under the car and wasn't even worried of it falling off the ramps or them breaking.
THAT would completely depend on your location.

http://www.bayareamotorclub.com/

This is in San Francisco, and I'm sure there are others like it in major cities if you look.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:11 AM

Wow that would be cool, I'll try and see if I can find one some where around here.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Administrator

there are car clubs everywhere..it is just a matter of finding one that you enjoy.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:21 PM
roo

Really? I did a quick search in order to see if I could find one...

...and came up blank. Thankfully, I live in the North Bay area...so I have access to that shop.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:57 PM

If you are military or a dependent with access to get on a military base, there is a auto hobby shop that does about the same thing. There is one on about every base for the DIY'er.

Old 10-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Administrator

well, i live in the metro detroit area, and while i havent found one,i know that they are around, but they are car specific...

Old 11-17-2005, 02:39 PM

those ramps are actually really nice. I want to know if they will be safe to drive up on if a mazda6 were to drive up on it with a 1.5" drop and safely not scratch the fender. would anyone be able to inform me if possible?

Old 11-17-2005, 03:42 PM

Ya I know what you mean with the drop / clearance issue ... on my Cobra it's the same . What we do is very simple . We put two by fours on the ground to help lift it gradually and it works just fine .

Old 11-17-2005, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: bkey71

I would not have a problem with them either. You just can't do things like check brakes, or anything that has to do with removing the wheels.

Hey Bkey , just wondering about when the car is on the ramp , with the wheel off to check the brakes , what is holding the car up ... surely not the ramp !? [sm=dontgetit.gif]