Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Rear Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Default Rear Spoiler

Hi guys I posted this because i wanted to know if a rear spoiler would void my warranty which lasts for 5 more years and it states that i can't do anything to the car thats performance based or it voids the warranty. SoI wanted to know if you would think if they could actually turn my car down because they say that a spoiler is for performance as it is looks. My old lady says that spoilers help the cars in some ways but i dont think that they would be so deviant to add that to the list.Can i have your thoughts on this?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Default RE: Rear Spoiler

No a spoiler will not void your warrenty, i really dont see what part of it void as a matter of fact, anyway my mechanic at the dealership said that any mods that are only visual i.e paint, bodykit, spolier, rims, stuff like is fine. I can see what you are trying to get at with the performance thing but a real wing that really help with traction on any car to be considered "performance" would be the ones they use in professional circut races and would cost you about a couple thousand, btw what kinda spoiler do you want? i hope its not someAutozone pos.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:51 PM

if your really worried about ur warranty, just get ur dealer to install a OEM spoiler.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:36 PM

The only way it will void your warranty is your rust prevention whereever you make the holes to bolt it in. (i.e. if your trunk rusts out at the mounting holes, they won't cover it.) Other than that I wouldn't worry about it.

I recently had a motor mount go bad....I've got aftermarket exhaust, drop springs, camber links, etc on my3 and they still covered the repair under warranty without any arguement.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

The only way it will void your warranty is your rust prevention whereever you make the holes to bolt it in. (i.e. if your trunk rusts out at the mounting holes, they won't cover it.) Other than that I wouldn't worry about it.

I recently had a motor mount go bad....I've got aftermarket exhaust, drop springs, camber links, etc on my3 and they still covered the repair under warranty without any arguement.
Lucky, man hook me up at your Mazda dealer!

Also, +1 on the OEM spoiler from the dealer.