Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Spoiler...or No Spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Default Spoiler...or No Spoiler?

Does your 3 have a spoiler or not? I've been considering getting one put on mine. I would buy it on ebay or something and install it myself.

However, does it look too HighSchoolish? I am a recent college grad and I have a Full time job now. Will a spoiler make me look like that young punk kid that thinks he's cool, but he's not. I don't wanna look like a Fast and Furious band boy that wears a bandana. But I DO like how the spoiler looks.

To spoil or not to spoil, that is the question....

Old 01-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Spoiler...or No Spoiler?

A factory type spoiler should look just fine. As long as you aren't going the 42" double-wih-boned, carbon fibered look, I tyhink you'll be quite OK.
'Sides, it's your car!! Do to it what suits you... right??

Old 01-29-2008, 07:38 PM

the wing spoiler makes the car look much better in my opinion. The thing about the 3 is it isnt a car you see all riced out. Kids typically go for the integra/civic/gti's from the early 90's that they can get thier hands on. Personally, i think if u dont get a spoiler u would be foolish

Old 01-29-2008, 08:02 PM

Love my factory spoiler!

Old 01-30-2008, 09:08 AM

i really want one of those. once i pay off my car (which should be soon because of my new job) i gonna do a few things.. maybe ill put a 42" spoiler in my car LOLLL. just kidding richard would kick my *** haha. no but i want to buy a mazda3 factory spoiler!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:43 AM

I have a Integra spoiler on my car its prob higher than 42" i get real good downforce at high speeds...no im joking i dont have a spoiler on my mazda. I personally dont like spolers on a lot of cars (dont like driving shopping carts)...on the 3 it gives it a bit of a sportier look though. I'd say get the stock spoileror get the one that is like a lip.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:55 AM

how are the spoilers attached. would you have to drill through the trunk to secure it??

Old 02-05-2008, 01:13 PM

yep you have to dent them slightly before you start drilling so the drill machine doesnt slip accross the hole trunk....if you don't know what you are doing then your pretty much going to screw up the trunk real bad.....thats why i mentioned the lip instead since its stuck on with the 3m adhesive tape it wont require any drilling and you can take it off as if you took off badges off the car.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:27 PM

wife wont go for drilling on her new ride... .. i like the lip one too... thats just with 3m tape huh..

anyone got a part number on that?.. or where i can locate one??

Old 02-05-2008, 03:24 PM

....no part number that i know of but i was looking around on ebay and found a few one is the m3 lip for like 50$ the other one is the one that i am talking about both use 3m tape and are cheap and not bad quality.

Quick Reply: Spoiler...or No Spoiler?