Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Nissan 370Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Nissan 370Z

They are all the same chassis, Jaimie. The same car underneath. Like the 3 and 5 series Mazdas, except ownerscomplained about the cheap interior materials, body gaps, tight fitting seatsas well as the fit and finish in the 350. I understand Nissan has solved those problemswith the 370Z.
Fit and finish has always been good on the Infinity.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:52 PM

k i know that rich. ive been following these cars since the 350/g35 came out. although i never really understood why they would call the g35 both a sedan and an couple sports car. considering that those 2 cars are completely different from each other. its basically like calling the maxima the same thing as the 350z lol.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

ownerscomplained about the cheap interior materials, body gaps, tight fitting seatsas well as the fit and finish in the 350. I understand Nissan has solved those problemswith the 370Z.
Absolutely! The interior has been completely upgraded and redesigned with high quality materials, but with the familiarity of the older Zs. The 370Z has gauges and controls that are built around the driver (slightly angled to improve visibility), and the driver's seat has been redesigned for more comfort and ease when driving. The lower seat cushion has cut-outs where the thigh rests, allowing the driver to push on the pedals without the seat fighting them; all sorts of little (yet important) details have been attended to! Put that with double-stitched leather and high quality plastics, and you've got one amazing interior!

(I was pretty comfortable in there, myself...they almost had to yank me out of that car at the launch party, haha)

Has anyone test-driven a Z or attended one of the events yet?

Old 01-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

By older Z"s, you certainly don"t mean the 240/260/280 series do you Erin? You DO realize that I am old enough to remember them all.
That my older brother (+12 yrs!!) actually owned a "72, 240Z (before the extreme emissions control and the bad carbs of "73,) though he didn"t know how to drive it or appreciate it properly.
I drove the car with him in it once. We lived in a very rural area where cops were scarce and twisty two-lane farm roads were abundant. He said to me, "WOW!! I didn"t know this car could do all that w/o flying off the road!!"
To be honest, I didn"t either.As I"d said, he is my OLDER brother and I was trying to impress him w/my skills and knowledge.... It"s all very psychological.
It"s a damn good thing I didn"t fly off the road with it, speciallywhile he was a passenger. I would still be hearing about it to this day. (+/-30 yrs later.) That"s the way my brother rolls.

The triple center stack gauges in the originals were also canted toward the driver.It only makes sense! Why would they stray from a tried and true design like that?

In the first place, and after owning many cars with vinyl, and one with a leather interior, I will have mine in cloth, thank you. Leather does not impress this ole" fart, except as a shifter **** (I hate metal shift ***** too. Been there, done that,) or boot, steering wheelcovering or e-brake boot.
On the other hand, I LOVEwell designed, supportive seats... ones that support one"s thighs is a good thing, and often rarein a street car too.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:51 PM

ive driven a buddies 06 and let me tell you it was unreal. that car pulled soo fast. well waht do yo uexpect with a car thats sooo light with a 3.5 6 spd 276 HP. its soo much fun

Old 01-09-2009, 05:31 PM

By "older", I meant "previous"...and like you said, one of the complaints in the previous models was the cheap interior, so Nissan is just trying to offer more luxurious upgrades, hence the leather. Glad you know what you like, though! And no one's straying from anything that's tried and true! By familiarity, I meant you won't have to be searching for anything

Old 01-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

I know where everything is. Do you?

Ooooo. That was BAAAAADDDDDD.

j/k, Erin. Jus" playin" w/ya".

Old 01-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Haha why yes I do!

Old 01-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Well, a tough lady who knows how to play.
I like that.....

Old 01-10-2009, 01:59 PM

oh not again richard. ya gotta stop hitting on people :P. ahhhhhhh anyway. as i said it wouldnt matter to me cuz its not like i can afford it :P. although one of those cars would be awesome :P

Quick Reply: Nissan 370Z