Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

miata prank

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Default miata prank

Hi,

Please don't judge me, but my girlfriend has a 98 Miata and I want to get her back for her last year's April fools prank by rigging her car not to start. I am good mechanically, but i don't know anything about the miata. Is there an easy way I can make her car not start without her knowing?? The problem is, she keeps it locked most of the time so I may not have access to the engine or interior. Is there a way like clogging up the exhaust pipe (does that actually work??) or something? Anything? I may be able to get under the hood, but once I'm there, you'll have to help me. If there were something I could rig up so I could flip a remote switch or something that would be so great. I need it to crank over--not just be dead. It has to do the whole cranking thing so she tries a lot and just doesn't give up and make a phone call. The cranking is what buys me time for the other part of the prank. Well, anyway, you see what I'd like to do, so any help would be so very much appreciated. She really has it coming--she got me sooo good last year and now I have the perfect plan if i can only get her car not to start!!

Thanx!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:57 AM

So...

When did you decide that you never want to sleep with your girlfriend again?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:23 AM
VB

I'm gonna echo NightSwimmer here...and I'll quote my girlfriend: "That's the perfect response."

Old 03-30-2009, 11:42 AM

Come on guys! If you knew what she did to me last year, you'd say that it's a wonder I sleep with HER anymore! Please help! 2 days left! The stars have lined up! She has a REALLY important meeting ON APRIL FOOLS for crying out loud!! ON APRIL FOOLS!! When she told me, she said she COULD NOT miss this meeting, she said "just watch, my car will break down or something." Holy cow! How perfect would THAT be??? But trust me, I won't dare let her actually miss the meeting, I just want to scare the bejesus outa her! This is soooooo harmless, unlike what the little bee-otch did to me last year!! Please, someone help me!! Doesn't anybody care??? =)

Old 03-30-2009, 12:17 PM
VB

You really want her to shoot you or something.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:19 PM

As a former Miata owner, I can assure you that there is nothing funny about messin' with the Miata.

I am going to assume that you have greater access to her bedroom than to her Miata and give you an alternative suggestion. After she is asleep, set her alarm clock four hours fast and then set the alarm to go off four hours late. Even if she wakes up before the alarm goes off, she will think that she has missed her appointment.

She might get over this prank. Break her Miata... I'm not so sure about her getting over that one. It's just not worth it.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:27 PM

So you're saying there's no way to rig a Miata to not start without hurting it?? Really??

Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM
VB

Drain the battery?

Old 03-30-2009, 03:44 PM

You implied that you couldn't get under the hood. I certainly wouldn't recommend plugging the exhaust. If you can get under the hood, then swiping the plug wires should get the job done. I'm surprised that you couldn't figure that one out on your own. I still think it's a bad idea. But that's just my opinion. It's your girlfriend -- you decide!

Old 03-30-2009, 03:58 PM

I of course thought about the wires, but I've looked at her engine--unlike many I've seen. I don't know what goes to what, so I was hoping to be guided. I sure haven't seen anything that looks like any distributer I am familiar with. I guess I'll give up. Funny thing is, I love her, but she is the meanest most inconsiderate woman on earth, caring about no one but herself. She's always gotten by on her looks and has always been defended no matter what. It's so ironic that even on here, she wins without even trying--guys defending her still.

I know, why, if she's so mean, do I love her? I couldn't tell you--I just do. Maybe it's pitty?? Maybe great sex?? Guess it'd have to be the latter. Life is really weird--she's really not worth the sweat on my... =) Thanx though.

Quick Reply: miata prank