Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

"Job Loss" - Anybody affected by this...yet

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Default "Job Loss" - Anybody affected by this...yet

Although I am still employed. There is no guarentee of that in the near future.
I don't work for the auto industry. I do, however, work in the trucking insdustry. No one, and I mean no one is buying a new truck. Owner ops or fleets. Pretty sad.

I was watching Obama last night. I have very high hopes for your new president.
He seems like a really good guy. (Not even comparing to the last guy. Who you voted in "twice" I might add)

No pun intended.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

You sound depressed and I am sad for you. I too know this feeling. Many of us are depressed in this economy whether working or not.
I too have high hopes for Obama and think he is trying to do the right thing, not that mistakes and unpopular legislation will not happen in ANY administration. I only hope that for all of us, that he does not get too Washingtonized (or the exclusive good ole' boys network, as I like to call them) and have to make too many concessions to any good bills he proposes. However, no body is perfect and if he proposes something that is not truly well thought out that the Congress actually get off their collective butts, stop voting themselves pay raises for doing nothing and suggest positive changes to those bills. Working for the common good. Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?
Keep your head up, Man. 'Sorry you seem to be feeling so blue.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 PM

Thanks Richard. I am not blue though. Just thought I would bring it up.
We are not as hard hit here in Canada. But that is just a matter of time. You guys are our biggest trading partner. So if you guys arn't buying, then we ain't sellin.

I am blue. I have the winter blahs. I can not wait until winter is over. Bring on the rainy season. Gets rid of the piles and piles of snow I have on my front lawn.

Looking forward to putting my all seasons back on.

Just worried I guess.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:23 PM
VB

We're all worried, Chris...I think anyone who says they aren't is either a fool or lying.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM

Well I have to say my wife and I are both not affected yet by this economy. My company don't have any layoff yet, and wife's company is still hiring ppl left and right. We are lucky enough for that.

Am I concern about the economy, you bet I still am. But I am not waiting for the stimulus money from the government or help President Obama promised. I actually never believe on the government for help. My wife and I only believe in ourselves for altenatives and backup plans to save ourselves. If we really got layoff, by the time government helps comes, we might be half broken already. So we already planned for the worse, if anything does goes wrong.

Sorry that I sound a little harsh towards the government, but that is how I am, I never like politics and I never believe a single word from any politicians good or bad. However, I do believe being positive and think positively and cheer up. It do us no good by being gloomy and stressed. That is what I think.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:27 AM

i work for an industry that is basically inelastic or unaffected by the economic condition, but i still worry constantly. even if i didn't lose my job, the cost of things are going up all of the time.

i didn't want GW in the white house and i didn't want Obama in the white house, but all that i can say is that i really hope he can prove me wrong. no point in being down on him now until i see how he does.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:03 AM

I agree with Petroxg! I have one question what happened to all the BAILOUT money? Seems to me the banks and car manufactuers don't feel they owe the tax payers an explaination. They had their hands out and took the money and ran. All you hear from new president is that the ecomomy needs STIMULUS MONEY to get back on track, it's like giving a credit card with NO LIMIT to a teenager and telling them it's o.k to spend now and don't worry about paying it back!

Old 02-11-2009, 11:14 AM

I work at a Saturn dealership, and I've been nervous and on edge since November. My boyfriend used to work here and got laid off in October. 2 weeks before Christmas, 8 people got laid off, none of them in service where I work thankfully. My hours have been cut and now I'm getting about 200-300 dollars less per paycheck...its been pretty tough. I'm waiting for the day we come to work here and the dealership is just closed...which wouldn't surprise me or anyone else here...it's hard to sell cars with the way the economy is, and service has been on the slow side most days..

Old 02-11-2009, 11:58 AM
VB

Originally Posted by zoomzoom6chick
I work at a Saturn dealership, and I've been nervous and on edge since November. My boyfriend used to work here and got laid off in October. 2 weeks before Christmas, 8 people got laid off, none of them in service where I work thankfully. My hours have been cut and now I'm getting about 200-300 dollars less per paycheck...its been pretty tough. I'm waiting for the day we come to work here and the dealership is just closed...which wouldn't surprise me or anyone else here...it's hard to sell cars with the way the economy is, and service has been on the slow side most days..
Thing is, if GM wakes up and finally eliminates its superfluous lines, Saturn will be one of the first to go.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:05 PM

as for me i had 3 jobs and was working my *** off.. now i got laid off by teh airport and ford. im hurting soo hard seeing as how i havent had a job for the last month and a half. and ive been trying but nobody is hiring like wow

Quick Reply: "Job Loss" - Anybody affected by this...yet