Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

funny jiffy lube story...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Default funny jiffy lube story...

so i was being driven around by my girl cause she was taking me on a lil' surprise date type deal... before the little date though, she needed to get her oil changed and since we were right next to a jiffy lube, she got her oil changed there. well now, there is a line (maybe 3 cars long) waiting to enter the garage. the car behind my girlfriend's car decides to pull up the the second garage bay to wait his turn to get an oil change. at this time, 5 or so minutes have gone by and this guy that pulls up to the 2nd garage bay becomes impatient. so what does he do? he puts his car in reverse and thinks that he backs out of the lot far enough to avoid a curb. he then puts his car into 1st gear and then drives over an 8 inch tall curb. he popped his front left wheel over the curb and it is just teetering on the curb... the curb was directly in the middle of his car frame so he was helpless. as much as i tried not too look, i just had to!

the employees of jiffy lube came out and just stared at him, and when they walked back into the building to finish their duties, they all started laughing and we all had a conversation about how impatience only seems to make the situations worse. the worst part was, this guy had this car really tricked out from what it appeared (was an S2000) with neon lights (cracked now), lowering kit, sounded like a turbo in it, exhaust (now a little bent up), and some nice rims. the guy looked pretty furious when this happened! as much as i feel sorry for the guy, you have to think about how much of a dumbass he was!

Old 03-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Default RE: funny jiffy lube story...

well that what he gets for being impatient if he cant wait then do it himself, now if i was there with my friends we would laughed at him and took pictures.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:49 PM

wish i did take a picture, it was funny as hell!

Old 03-19-2006, 07:27 PM

Hahahaha...that's just pure stupidity! Speaking of getting stuck...reminds me of an ex b/f of mine... He had a lowered Nissan truck. The curb at my house is kinda high and there was snow on the ground...well, he had to pull in on a certain angle in order to get into the driveway. Well...he decided to be an idiot and goof around in the snow and didn't pull in on the right angle...and got stuck...at the foot of my driveway! His truck was just kinda teetering on the curb! It was absolutely hilarious and my dad had to come out and try to get him unstuck (ended up pushing a little bit and putting a board under the back)...needless to say, he was an idiot and didn't say around very long

Old 04-03-2006, 12:20 AM

oh my, that is great... good stories to tell !

Old 04-03-2006, 12:45 AM

that's what he gets for having neon.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:55 AM

yeah, moral of the story... patience will cause problems!