Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Facebook Woes, Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Banned
Lightbulb Facebook Woes, Issues

Facebook plain and simply sucks!

Facebook is apparently losing teenage users to trendier networks such as Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram (which Facebook owns), Tumblr (owned by Yahoo, which published this story), and lesser-known online hideouts.
“Facebook has 100 things on the newsfeed we just don't care about,” one of my daughter’s high-school friends explained. Examples: ceaseless invites to play Farmville or other games you may not be interested in, or prompts to answer "questions about me."
Facebook no longer seems like a social networking site first. It seems like a gold mine for companies to place ads and is straying from its actual purpose.”
“I'm friends with people I don't even know on Facebook, so my newsfeed to me is sometimes just pointless,”
FROM: 5 Reasons Teenagers Are Fleeing Facebook | The Exchange - Yahoo Finance Canada

Other than my first line, I would like to add that Facebook can ruin your life. Posting of your whereabouts can lead to break-ins while you are not there. Potential employers search Facebook to see the real you! You can get frustrated and lured in to an argument that you will regret on any social media site. I personally know about this because this is the 3rd Mazda forum i've been part of. I do have a Mazda 6 3.0 ltr and have learned a lot and I am trying to pass my experiences, knowledge to others.

When the people running a social site lose there perspective, morals, vision, then chaos comes.

I currently belong to "Google+" and am following automotive suppliers so i get informed of the latest products for Marken Performance, as i post the new auto parts for them. Unfortunately the most aftermarket performance parts are for Mustangs, Chevy's, Dodges (mostly hemis), and lots of pick-up truck stuff. Not as much for Mazda available from the larger popular companies (like edelbrock, holley for example). However other companies like K&N, Magnaflow, Hypertech do have Mazda stuff---but Hypertech does not have a tuner for the 3.0 ltr V6.

Feel free to post your feedback or personal experience with Facebook or any other social media here!
I personally stay away from Facebook!