Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

The definition of rice

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Default RE: The definition of rice

Ok that's not rice.

Rice=fake performance mods and all upgrades(or downgrades) to exterrior/interrior(styrotypical tuning of Japanese cars)

Hot dog= the Iroc camero with a chainlink sterring wheel, foot-shaped gas pedal, etc. (styreotypical redneck American car)

Bean= hydrolics, fuzzy dice, waky paintjob covered in pinstriping(styreotypical low rider)

thugged out= spinners and or 22+" rims, tinted windows all around, platnum grille, a sound system that seems to be made out of all woofers (styreotipcal rapper's car)

To me those are all uniquely tasteless. They should have classifying names.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:27 AM

Nice defintions here are mine of yours

Rice (car)-any car that sounds like it has something like a full exhaust sysyem in it but all it has is a muffler tip. (or to people who dont know crap any Japanese car)

Ricer (person)-any person who owns the car described above and puts fake track times on it and always has an excuse as to why they cant race or why they lost.

Domestic- any American made car (duh) also referred to as a "dumbestic" or "crapestic" (styreotypical vision of car- (civilized redneck) a jeep that is raised so high that you need a ladder to get in. (styreotypical vision of car- (redneck) a camaro with a hemi in it and Confederate flag interior or otherwise with General Horn)

Low rider- hydrolics, fuzzy dice, waky paintjob covered in pinstriping sometimes with 20in rims on em

Thug ride- mostly white or black Escalades driven by black people with a sound system that have you needing hearing aids even thought your not in them, platinum grill, with crome 22+in rims sometimes with spinners

Old 03-30-2006, 01:30 AM

I think one word you guys are missing is

Respect: respect is respecting someone for what they have done to there ride to make it there own. And this includes the people with honda's cause not all oft hem are rice material. i can respect the dude that has his car and makes it into a lowrider with hydraulics and some nice rims, with the tuck & roll interior done up in velvet with a candy paint job. Thats unique, he made it his car, there wont be another one around like it. Lowriders were around before the import scene, respect it cause without it the import scene would not be as huge as it is mow. To the dude with a truck/SUV with spinners and a thumpin *** system, i respect that person for that, cause it looks and sounds good. not everyone is out to make there ride the fastest by putting a CAI and exhaust on there ride. I would love to have a boomin system in my car with some nice chrome rims, not spinners cause the car cant fit dubs on it anyway. The Jeeps that are lifted are nice as well, especially when they are rock crawling, that is some serious stuff. You gotta respect the car scene and for the most part, the people participate in it.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:35 AM

I see what you're saying. I guess on Escalade forums thay may have a creative name for us performance junkies and say that we're as tasteless as we call them. I guess you have a point. Ricers though, those are all visual, and not to look better, but to look faster and that's just falsifying(now can we agree to hate cars that have more money in mods to look fast thant th eprice of the car?). the Low riders have a cool Nastalgia to them. SUVs with killer systems do make for a good setup. (please bolt the woofer box to something though for some owners.) I didn't rip on raised Jeeps. I have a friend with a Jeep CJ and 38" radials. The thing is a beast, I like it, but then again I live in the South.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:29 AM

there are mods to make a car look fast ... and thats o.k. ......... but then there are cars that are just hurting the eyes , but then again those young fellows just can afford the giant wing on their falling apart Beretta or what not .... I respect them 'cause I used to know what it felt like to not have the cash but wanting to say this is my machine .... but I never was so extreme as the ones that hurt the eyes ..... but it's always good for a laugh

my first car was a Datsun B210 , jacked in the rear with shackles that made the driveshaft clunk clunk in curves , it had big Cragars SS in the back only , with big round fog lights covered in Damien Flag plastic shields under the front bumper , a louver on the hatch , and a big Tach on the dash . That was in the days where you jacked up the car instead of lowering it Had paid the car fifty bucks and the Cragars 35$ and then sold it 250$

Old 03-30-2006, 09:45 AM

Its not that the cars that all of the stuff in or on them, its just people with those cars claim that they are fast when its been proven that its not, sure its easy to ignore em but when its done everyday sometimes somepeople (like me) feel that those people need to be put in their place.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:31 AM

True, cars that just have no business with the aftermarket stickers on them, or a huge wing that doesnt match the car and the car is painted primer, in different colors and non-matching rims, and the big tach on the dash, we can rip on those cars. Those are the cars that give the import scene a bad name and makes people think that we cant mod our cars correctly.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:01 PM

saw a buick skylark with a huge wing on it today... thought it was funny.

the kid must have done it for a joke cause the car was rusted out but had a new wing on it... wing was unpainted haha

Old 04-04-2006, 12:04 AM

any pics

Old 04-04-2006, 12:50 PM

no unfortunately... but if i see it again... i'll bust out my cell phone and take a picture of it

i'm sure its a local car (at least i hope it is in my area cause it is funny)

Quick Reply: The definition of rice