Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

AWD dont always help

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Default RE: AWD dont always help

Better watch out...too many of those tickets and you'll lose your licence (or it will be restricted.) It only took 10 points here in Michigan for my brother-in-law's licence to be restricted. (Due to driving like an idiot & street racing...he's 20) Now I see him breaking his restrictions and I think it will be funny as hell when he gets pulled over not driving to work or school and ends up losing his licence completely for a period of time. He was refused a really good job because of his driving record and the fact that the company that wanted to hire him to drive for them couldn't insure him. There are implications that you don't realize from those simple speeding tickets.

Your lives are a summation of the decisions you make in life. Whether that equation ends up positive or negative is up to you.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:56 PM

you just have to be "smart" about speeding...
i.e., dont speed in school zones, dont speed thru busy instersections, because with my luck, they'll bea cop there.
i know my town pretty good, and i know where cops like to hang out....thus said, i try to keep it under 20 over the limit (80 in a 60)

and are radar detectors illegal??

Old 01-18-2007, 09:34 PM

yeah i know, ive been really lucky so far with all the speeding tickets i recieve if the points have stayed i wouldnt have my licence for a good while, and the jobs ive applyed for have strangly "understand" that i street race they have said if we hire me i have to promise not to attampt to race our cars or speed and as of right now a dealership is hiring me tomorrow.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 PM

yeah i dont speed i areas that alot of potential inrunning somebody overi.e. parking lots, schools, heavy traffic two lane streets where people love to j-walk, i just happen to get caught on major highways and routes

Old 01-19-2007, 12:39 AM

what dealership are you getting hired at and what position??

id love to be working with cars, i will eventually, because im starting my auto aprrenticeship next month....
but as of right now, im stuck in a ****ty kitchen....thats blows ***

Old 01-19-2007, 03:00 AM

im not really "working" on cars im just detailing and driving them to an auction place. My friend who works there tells me how people place down bets to see who gets the auction first, its a blast and they teach you alot of neat techniques, plus the manager is cool.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:49 PM

sweet....i'd take that job in a second....

and having cool people at work always helps.
when your manager's a dick, work sucks ***

Old 01-21-2007, 03:30 AM

props to sstlaure on this one...that is all.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:31 AM

so i went looking for my friends car where they had towed it so i can get some pics, but it was gone, then i went to where he hit the trees and they had been torn out already so looks like my crappy phone pics are the only ones i can put up, dont know if i mentioned this but the airbags didnt deploy. weird right

Old 01-31-2007, 07:53 PM

I just drove passed a van that flipped taking a turn to sharply and quickly.... that thing was smashed!

just thought i'd drop by and throw that one out there for yinz....

Quick Reply: AWD dont always help