Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

AWD dont always help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Default AWD dont always help

My friend Jeffy was in a pretty bad accident on Sunday, it happened at our usual race spot. I didnt sse what happened but when i got there his car was totaled and he was on the ground shaking. I was told by our friends who were already there that he tried to take a turn going 70 in his STI ended up a hill taking down 2 mid size trees before rolling back down the hill stumbling out his car before falling to the ground. Thankfully though he and and the passenger came out unharmed and he was back on his feet the next day looking for another car....sad to say this is the 4th car hes thats lost. Ill trying getting some better pics in the day time of his car before posting the crappy phone pics i took.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Default RE: AWD dont always help

Sorry to hear abotu youre friend!!! But AWD does help... but i mean it doesnt make you invinceble to sharp turns at high speeds ... Was there snow ??

Old 01-16-2007, 10:53 PM

AWD does help but it doesnt make you invinceble
thats what i was saying and no snow just the road was a little slick from rain but still raceable

Old 01-16-2007, 11:04 PM

Sounds like your friend drives like an a$$hole. I think he should stick to a Schwinn.

Let me guess, your friend is between 16-18 years old, mom & dad have paid for every car he has wrecked with no consequences. (Like not getting a new car to replace the one wrecked by the irresponsible teen.)

ROADS ARE NEVER RACEABLE!!!!!!!!!! Keep that **** on the track before someone gets killed. I'm sorry, it's not sad to say he's "lost" 4 cars.....He obviously continues to make very poor driving (and life) decisions. One of these days he'll kill someone else with his wreckless driving and end up in jail for the rest of his life. (and you won't see any crying from these eyes.)

These words may seem harsh, and they are, but I have no sympathy for people with no respect for anyone else.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:42 PM

Hey, that's not fair to put him in a specific age group... I'm 17 and I do not drive like an idiot.. I'd prefer to stay alive.. I would say I drive even safer after being hit by a stupid semi driver.

I do agree though, that roads are not the right place to be racing.. I think it's sad he was driving like that with someone else in the car.. thankfully no one was killed.
I also think people like that shouldn't be driving. But it's not only 16 to 18 year olds who drive like that.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:42 AM

your right its not fair to put street racers in a age group, if you must you might wanna expand that a little to 15-64, street racing as become more or less like car shows now adays and like they say dont knock it till you try it but anyway my friend is18, i have no idea what he was trying to do at the time, he pays for his own stuff and 2 of the 4 cars were stolen (yes they were Hondas) and the first was wrecked when somebody hit him at an intersection, btw i understand were you guys are coming from with the keep the racing on the track but you make it seem like we do it in a heavily populated area where people are just standing on the side of the road leaning in towards the racers, the only people in danger are the ones who are wearing black clothes in the middle of the night and are deaf and blind and thats just when we race on the highway. Im not saying im condoning street racing but you should see how races are setup around here before judging them, and really the danger now of street racing is the people who are racing and what i mean is when they challenge each other they make it seem like there car is really slow but put up alot of money and when they win the race the other person get real mad knowing that there oppenent didnt tell them truth about there car and thus a fight breaks out, also what is a Schwinn?

Old 01-17-2007, 10:20 AM

A Schwinn is a bicycle.

I happened to remember that Tracker you were 16-17, so by you saying it was one of your friends, my assumption is that it is a friend from school.(Seems like it was a good assumption) Beginner drivers should not be allowed to have high performance vehicles. I know, I drove like an idiot at that age as well and wrecked my share of cars. I'm speaking from experience. Not all drive like idiots, but the temptation and peer pressure to use such a high powered vehicle and to push it is too much for a vast majority of young drivers. There is no real reason for a young person to have such a car.

I've seen organized street racing before, I don't care what you call it, it's not safe. At a track you have fire crews and rescue crews on-site to respond should something go wrong. I'm quite certain you don't have that where you race. I've seen people do some seriously stupid driving to show off when street racing as well, you won't see that at the track as it will get your *** kicked out. (as it should.) Crowds do tend to be much closer to the racing in a "street racing" environment and when engines scatter parts or someone goes out of control, there isn't a retaining wall to stop the vehicle from crashing into a building or into other people/vehicles.

Some of these racers may be older that the 16-18 range (I know that most are above that age) but I would have to say that their maturity is lower than their age if they are still racing on the street.)

In my High School, 3 girls were killed in a Jaguar XK8 convertible because she was driving like an idiot, she went over 100 mph over a rise in the road, went airborne, flipped upside down grinding all (3) occupants heads into the pavement before hitting a tree and splittingthe carin half, which landed in some nice old lady's front yard. Now this old lady got to see (3) beautiful 16-18 year old girls ground up into a complete mess because someone wanted to show off in a nice car.

Enjoy your street racing[:@]

Old 01-17-2007, 01:54 PM

Thats a funny name for a bike.

I am indeed 18, and what i ment to say was its not fair just in that age range, i met him at one of our common meeting spots. Hes not a beginner driver hes been driving cars for atleast 6yrs., but i do agree young drivers should not have high performence cars yet thats what car manufactures aim for the younger crowd. But heres another thing i say there is a diff between driving like an idiot and making mistakes weather they be simple as not stopping for a stop sign when there is a cop on the other side, to trying to ram on of your friends with your car. In this situation i say it was a very bad mistake ONLY because it was in a parking lot and he was on the far end where nobody was really there, if was anywhere else yes i would most definitly agree with your statement.

Theres always a risk when anybody get behind the wheel of a car not if they are a vertian or just your aveage joe, in any situation weather they are going to the store or to a friends house, im not gonna sit here and say that street racing is any way shape or form safe not matter how you slice it, it comes with the territory. I myself was witness to idiot drivers that resulted fatal accidents one almost involving my oldest brother.

Yeah there are alot more younger people than older people but still the age has moved up as matter of fact most people with the really high powered cars that are still racing range from ages 19-25 but thats exculding people with Hondas for obvious reasons.

Not to mock but i will enjoy my street racing but for now ill be on the side lines....maybe, but thanx for your concern

Old 01-17-2007, 11:36 PM

I'll admit as a soon to be 17 year old (tomorrow) I sometimes find myself speeding. It is actually accidental though and I try and be sensible about my driving then take it down a few notches. Sometimes the limit just feels "too slow" maybe my mom's speeding all my life has set me up to feel like anything otherwise is uncanningly slow.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:30 AM

same here, in my first pos (it dosent deserve to be called a car) i had promised myself that i wouldnt be another 16 year old that speeds all the time, yet it only took me about a week to say f**k this the posted speeds feel WAY too slow, thus eventually ending up where i am now, speeding tickets but thankfully thats the only type of tickets ive gotten.

Quick Reply: AWD dont always help