New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

BACK for expert help! Ignition system component..

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Default BACK for expert help! Ignition system component..

I have an 87 B2000 which had an issue at 160K miles, the 'chip' in the distributor died and I came here and learned that it needed replaced and fixed the issue, first guess! I was going to replace the whole distributor which does not even include a new chip (Ignition control module) and would have wasted $80 and still not run..So now the trusty truck died again, 330K miles now..still runs perfeclty! Similar symptom, No spark suddenly..And I could replace the Ignition module again but I found a small wire which attaches to the Positive lead to the coil primary circuit, ( 12V positive once the key is on..) broken where it attaches to a component fixed to the engine at the base of the distributor with one small screw..corroded off..

I tried soldiering it back in and would love to replace the little part, about the size of a small sugar cube, black, square with numbers and a triangle symbol..No parts guys including the main Mazda dealer in the South can find the wiring diagrams and tell me what this part is..something like a capacitor Im reasonably sure..

Mazda pros will know what this is, 4 cyl small B2000 engine..carbureted, club cab. Great truck. Ive got a photo of the part I could upload from the cell phone..