New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

trying to identify my 89 rx-7

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Default trying to identify my 89 rx-7

After 4 years of ownership ,I am selling my 89 Rx-7. I had it listed on Craigs List as a GTUs but I recieved a call from someone who suggested I take off the "s " designation because he thought I may be wrong . I wanted to be as truthful as I could in my posting .

The VIN # JM1FC3318K0701721
The original dealer tag says the color is Winning Silver ( Champagne )and the interior color is wine velour .
The car has power locks, windows and mirrors...cruise control,AC, auto adjust suspension, factory car alarm, sunroof, rear winshield wiper, Clarion Am Fm single CD player.

I have the car listed at $600 dollars and the first question people ask is " what's wrong with it?

In May, the dealership I went to added a new H2O pump, radiator, fan drive , and throttle postion sensor...Parts and labor out of the door cost me over $ 2700.00 ......3 weeks later the upper hose blew a hole and I find out that they didn't change the hose because it passed visual inspection . ( I think they made a bad call but ...) ...I am moving back to San Diego and I just wanted to be up front with people that called about the car .

I want them to have the correct model and let them know that the Apex seal is probably shot . The dealership found coolant in the sparkplug chamber and the car is now very hard to start , unless I put in a new engine ...

Anyway , thanks for listening ...If anyone thinks they can help me correctly identify my Rx , it would be appreciated ......The scammers are already e-mailing me and bumming me out even more .

This car is like driving a jet plane at ground level ......I can't believe I'm getting rid of it ....

Old 11-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Default RE: trying to identify my 89 rx-7

you may be able to call your local dealer to find out if it is a gtu or gtusby giving them the vin number i had a 89 also it said gtu on the front fenders but i called my local dealer and gave them the number on my motor and the vin to see if it was the original motor and by those two numbers they were able to tell me it was the original so i dont see why they couldnt help you