New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Soon to be Mazda owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Default Soon to be Mazda owner

Hey guys, I'm mostly new to the Mazda world. I come from a VW/ Mazda family but I always stuck with the german end of the deal.
I'd been looking for a Jetta TDI wagon and starting leaning towards the new 3 Wagon until the money issue hit so a Protege5 looked like it would fit my budget a bit easier.
I've been set up with financing through Lending tree and a local dealer is searching for a Protege5 5-speed for me right now.
I've always enjoyed working with cars and comming from my A2 VW's that drive like go-karts everything I've heard about the Protege5 says I should be happy with the handling even if it takes a bit of work.
I'll be kicking around the forums for the next few days while I wait on some car options so I hopefully won't ask a ton of dumb newbie questions.
This is going to be my daily but I'm selling my 2 project VW's and my E30 BMW so I need to be able to have a bit of fun in it so I'll do a few small things just to change up the mix from factory.
I was thinking short shift kit, K&N drop in filter and a cat-back exhaust. I'm not to happy with the idea of chip tuning but if I find someone who makes a decent chip at a good price easy HP is nothing I'll pass up.
So I stop rambling, it's great to be here and I hope to learn about these cars from you guys and maybe meet up at some point with locals.