New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Quick hello!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Default Quick hello!

Hello everyone!

My name is Bill and I do not have a Mazda. You may ask yourself as to why I am on here then. Simple answer I am at my wits end looks for a lip that fits one of the Mazda products. I have used the search option and come up blank. I do understand how these forums are used and have actually looked though many many pages here in the exterior section still leaving me with now answers. Want to add many of the vehicles I've seen show a true testiment to time and love for one's vehicle. Also the community feeling that seems to be here reading the posts. Been on a lot of sites where flaming runs rampant. In conclusion I would appreciate any help that you may be able to give me. So please take a look at the lip which is on my car and if you recognize where it came from PLEASE let me know. Thanks for your time!
Name:  Galant.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  45.4 KB

Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 AM

a mazda6 lip fits on a mitsubishi galant? hmmm try a mazdaspeed lip. and do the configurations on how it is going to work. welcome to the forum and nice car.

and I just realized what you wanted lol. My bad. Anyway it looks like a lip for the mazdaspeed6. Not 100% sure but it looks like it could fit. As i said im not sure cuz i own a 3 but still ask someone on here who has a 6. OH 6 OWNERS WHERE ART THOU

Last edited by virgin1; 06-05-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:50 AM

thanks I'll check that out!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 PM

Your lip just looks like a generic lip if its your car (kinda confused to what you are asking), it looks similar to ones sold for Hondas as well as mazdas, id say check ebay. But if your asking if a Mazda lip will fit on your car (again kinda confused to what you want) im gonna go ahead and say that it might fit with a little elbow grease, best of luck to you.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:30 PM

To clarify the lip on my car, or so I was told, is one used on a Mazda and yes it was modified to fit my car. It does look a lot like any other Mugen style lip ie Honda/Acura. The only car that has a similar lip is one that fits the Acura CL...only bc of the point at the front of the lip. So what I'm asking is, if anyone here has seen this style lip on a Mazda vehicle please let me know. As for the Ebay route nothing looks similar except for the CL one, but again it is not that one.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the compliments and welcome to the club!! Though smaller than many, we like it here. Not all of our members are Mazda driver/owners and that's just fine with us. A good member is a good member no matter what vehicle floats his/her boat. Any ribbing around here is usually of the good natured variety.

Your question: I couldn't really begin to guess, but you may get an idea from it's width. For example if it fits a 6 series it will be wider than if it was meant for a 3 series car. It may be meant for a Tribute or B series truck for all we know.
Do you know when it was installed or how old it is? That might narrow your search down a bit too.
Also, have you looked for any manufacturing IDs on the underside or back of the one you have? There may be something (a name or numbers) impressed into it from behind.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:26 AM

Thank you for the welcome. Believe me I understand about being on a smaller forum. Small community I talk with have branched together and somewhat become ostracized from the larger Galant forums...not to say I have anything against them if there are any here.
The lip was made by a fellow Galant owner who I haven't been able to contact in a long time. As for checking for stamps, id tags...there was nothing in the middle of the lip and the ends where it connects to the bumper had been reinforced with fiberglass then bondo. I noticed the lips made for Mazdas have been molded to fit into the fog lamp area in most cases. But regardless I hold out some hope that someone here may know which vehicle this may have come from if it is from a Mazda.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:20 PM

hi all, I am very happy to enter this forum.

Last edited by Mazda_Long369; 06-16-2009 at 08:22 PM.