New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know how pedals will alleviate your issue? And for heel/toe work on a std shift, you couldn't ask for any better set up than my Mazda3 has. It's great, much better than many other cars I have owned or driven. I wear size 12D, sometimes AA depending on the cut of the shoe. Personally, I prefer theses:
Name:  IMG_2133.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  51.2 KB

These are mine from here: http://www.autovationparts.com/store/Mazda3.html
See, the problem w/rubber covered pedals is three-fold as I see it. 1) They are slippery when wet, and especially slippery when icy. Because of the raised metal surface on these (around the holes,) I have never slipped off once!! They grip the sole of your shoes no matter what.
2) Rubber wears away fast. Metal wears also, but it takes much, MUCH longer.
3) The rubber does not allow for a good solid feel in the pedal. A small point I admit, but I noticed the difference right away when I put these on.
With the AutoVation's, the accelerator has little to no grip so your foot can slide as it has to. But the brake, clutch and dead pedals grip like super glue!!
I have the machined surface finish as seen on the side and love them in both usefulness and appearance.
I HIGHLY recommend you look into them instead.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:05 PM

update:
my rad issue was fixed, was just a part of the frame which came loose, the motor mounts were fine...but the constant low tone humming noise was due to a bearing that was shot in the transmission :S
they would not let me drive it (like i was going to anyway) i got them to pay for a rental and i will have a whole new transmission from toronto installed by wednesday i'm told (totally free of charge). i now have a nissan versa for a week, lol. what a difference. anyhow, if anyone has the same issue with the humming noise, you may have an idea as to what it might be.
kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth with having only 30,000 km on the car but cars will be cars.
merry x-mas everyone and happy new-year.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:25 PM

I have a CX-9 with a 6 disk CD player. On trying to eject a disc, the door opened but the disc didn't come out. Now the door is stuck open and eject/load button doesn't do anything. Radio still works though. Anything I can do?... Jeff C.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:08 PM

update again i have my brand new tranny installed now, and same day the gears grind when i put it in reverse, and sometimes into drive from park with foot on brake. is it possible it needs an adjustment or rather just a faulty tranny? the tech is looking at it monday morning.
power steering is now whining , more so when i turn the wheel. tech sais its not normal and may whine a bit when turn wheel all the way but thats it.
im not worried as its all warrantied, but is thhis a common issue for some...
my issue with the gas/brake pedals being too close together, i have an automatic and am contimplating shaving the brake pedal down somehow, as it is problematic when i drive. i dont do standard, but would like to learn eventually.
and jeff, as for your above problem with the cd changer, i havnt used mine yet as i havnt owned my car for long enough to use it but i assume its a small adjustment same as my cd changers i have in the house with my boom boxes and what not. ive made the mistake of prying it with a butter knife in the past , i can only recommend being patient and make a call to mazda if its necessary still. dont chance breaking it yourself trying to fix it. should not cost alot to have them fix it.