New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Default Newbie

Hi. New here with a 2010 Mazda 5. Looking forward to getting a lot of info and talking with y'all.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

I was wondering when I saw the "y'all" in there if we had another Texan among us. Now I see your an NCer... which is OK too.

Welcome aboard, Sounbwoy!! Post up some pics when you have them.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:59 PM

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2010, 12:43 PM

hello, very new to being in a forum. tryin to figure out where to post what, have read the tips and directions so going to try over time. just purchased a 2007 mazda 3 gs sedan, 30,000 km . have minor issues which i see others have same problem. looking forward to getting to know you alll and receiving/giving help if possible.
merry x -mas all and chat soon

Old 12-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

I am guessing, the fuel cap problem and power steering? The two most common problems with the later model (face lift) 1st gens? Or are you experiencing a CEL?

Old 12-19-2010, 07:38 AM

good morning. actually the day i brought it home, i heard a humming noise constantly ( which i heard last week in test drive) but assumed it was normal. its low toned and a constant level. faint but i have good ears. read it may be the icu, idol control unit/valve. car runs smooth jus the same . also noticed the motor vibrating a little too much at most stops. (this happend in another mazda i test drove from a private seller which caught my attention). did not notice in the test drive car from dealership, but was a short run. on way home from purchase, motor vibrated on most stops i made. called about it the next day (fri), was told to bring it in monday morning. the humming noise might be the engines normal sound i was told, but others had same issue as well. motor mounts were a common thing as well so i read. engine light is on too. im not owrried about it but i have no ebtra coverage aside from the dealers 50/50 30 day warranty , but covers only power train and bigger stuff.
any ideas/suggestions? id like my new mazda to be tip top specially when just purchased it, of course.
thank you for your time
J.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, MM #3, the one on the right side upper is fluid filled and is a known issue. I had mine replaced several years ago and keep an eye on it now. So far so good.
Its also possible you have an aftermarket tranny mount, a common upgrade. I had the AWR in my own car for 2 years, but it drove me nuts at stop lights, especially when the A/C was on. I went back to OE.
Also expect a slight vibration from the engine bay when cruising @+/-88.5kms (55mph.) Unfortunately, this is normal on the stock mounts.

The humming noise, I would say is the electric power steering pump. There is a current recall on those and the '07's should be covered... if that's what it is? But also keep in mind that the pump should only be working when needed, so it being a "constant" noise, is not likely, so it may just be something you are not used to yet.
The GS has the 2.0L engine, or the 2.3L?

Old 12-20-2010, 05:48 AM

my car has a 2.0...im going to dealership today to have it looked at. im assuming the humming noise may be normal as its so minimal. the motor mount i feel is a problem thoguh. hopefully theres no charge as i owned it for 2 hours before i noticed this stuff.my buddy used his computer diagnostic gadget on it last night and it read nothing. engine light is now off as well. he did notice(and showed me) the bottom of the rad was falling apart. a corigated piece hanging from under the frame about a foot long. said the bottom half looked rotten on inside. seen some liquid under it laying on a plastic underbody, but looked more like water ..i hope. couldnt get arm down in to feel it or smell it. hopefully i have good luck today , ill let u kow how they treat me at the dealership. what is an OE part? i assume its factory as opposed to after market, thank you for the thoughts, ill mention the power steering to them jus the same. never know.
just want everything up to par, makes my mind at ease after spending the $ to buy this car. otherwise, me and the kids love it.
I thank you kindly
J.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, OE, short for OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Your welcome and wishing you a lot of fun, safe and reliable years with her (him? )

Old 12-21-2010, 12:00 AM

well i have an appointment thurs at 8 30 am to check all my issues with the car. tech. was surprised to hear i just bought it andhave these issues from purchase. hopefully he will cut me a deal with the repairs considering.
i definetly have to do whatever i can to adjust my brake from my gas pedal. they are too close and its a huge problem, regardless of what shoes i wear. always hitting both when i go for the gas. thought id get used to it but WOW, pain in the butt!! i may be posting this in the wrong spot, but i viewed a link that supposidly has new pedals for mazda that will give me an extra inch and a half more distance between them.
any thought son this? heres a copy of the link. i need to fix this issue if possible, regardless. anyone else know what im talking about?

http://xenonexpert.com/mazda_pedals.html

Quick Reply: Newbie