New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Newb here

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Default Newb here

Hey ya'll, new to the forum/Mazda world so I figured I would register. I have been a GM guy forever, but I found this car and kinda liked it so I bought it. It's an 03 Mazda6s, black on black leather and loaded. Had it for about a week and I have to say I do like it! Anywho, look forward to meeting some new people and having some fun with the car.--Tony

Old 04-22-2009, 01:04 PM

welcome to the forum tony! First of all your not the first person to do that. My best friend was a GM nut before (he had a 95 cutlass supreme, then realized it was garbage bought a 2000 Grand Prix GT then had to put a tranny and a few other things into it, sold it bought a 2001 Grand Prix GTP paid 10000 for it put 10000 in mods into it thenn sold it for 4500, then bought himself a 2007 Honda ****vic. And since then no problems with cars. And thats a nice car for sure. hope you have fun in our little world as much as we do. we are a very friendly group and will be able to help you with alot of your problems or modifications to your car.
Jaimie.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:45 AM

Thanks for the welcome Jaimie, I appreciate it. I did not switch from the GM world due to issues, just due to being bored lol. I have always owned Trans Am's and here lately a few Cadillac's but I am just bored with the same ol' same ol'. I will have to post some pictures of the car here in a bit, I have only had it a week and the modding has already started lol.--Tony

Old 04-23-2009, 09:59 AM

not to mention in 5 years the mazda is worth more then the GM lol

Old 04-24-2009, 09:59 AM

Here is what I have so far, I took all the side molding off as well as the Mazda6 badge off the back. I had the Mazda emblems paint matched as well as the gas door and the pice above the license plate. Put a set of 6k HIDs in and had the windows tinted. Nothing much yet but it is comming along nicely so far.--Tony

Name:  tnt.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  86.4 KB

Old 04-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

It's the stealth-mobile!! OH-+NOz!!
Black rims next, right?
Only a week and you've already pulled the side molding? I don't know how many 6 owners I've talked to that would not do that... avoided it for a long time. Then when they did do it, asked why didn't I do that sooner? It looks so much better that way.
I have to admit, I avoided it with my 3 for the first 1-1/2 yrs too, but am not sorry now.

Welcome Tony. Lookin' good.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:14 PM

Negative on the black wheels, I think that is going to be to much. The car had that goofy chrome package added on from the factory and I did not like the looks of it on a black car so I had it all paint matched. Taking the molding off was easy, believe it or not the V6 badge was the biggest PITA. I will be in Austin in July for Heatwave, maybe we can meet up while I am there.--Tony

Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Where are you now? If I didn't know better, and I don't, that almost looks like the building across from the Shiner Beer brewery?
Is your car parked in their parking lot for that shot?

Old 04-25-2009, 06:49 AM

Nice looking MZ6.
I do think an all black wheel might be to much, but black and polished aluminum might look sweet
Good Start so far

Old 04-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Do you mean blk w/polished lip or a completely polished (shiny) wheel, Ken?
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/MiniW...d=true&sw=1152
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/MiniW...=true&sw=1152#
If subtle about it, a polished lip w/blk could be nice. I would steer away from some I've seen w/a GIANT/WIDE polished lip though.

Quick Reply: Newb here