New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New Owner and Forum Member

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2022, 12:30 PM
Default New Owner and Forum Member

Hello All:

Picked up my new '22 Mazda3 Hatchback Premium Plus Turbo in late May and have finally gotten around to joining the Forum. It's wearing Snowflake White pearl paint and a red leather interior. I'm a lifelong car guy - having owned nearly 100 assorted sport, muscle, luxury SUV and truck vehicles (so far) in my lifetime. I have spent some time on drag strips and road racing courses over the years. I have leaned heavily toward imports; mostly Japanese and German performance cars over the past few decades. I LOVE the driving and handling characteristics of the German stuff, but reliability issues tend to suck the fun out of the ownership experience after a bit. The Mazda3 purchase was based upon my need for a mature, but fun, quick, reliable, AWD personal daily driver with a semi-luxury vibe. This car checks all those boxes, and believe it or not - it's also my first Mazda! My initial great impression of the brand was enhanced by the dealership experience. Insert a BIG SHOUT OUT to Borgman Mazda in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Mazda Sales Manager James Sluiter here. He isn't just another car salesman, he's a genuine dyed-in-the-wool car guy. The delivery took a while as we swapped stories.

I'm enjoying the car and looking forward to the Forum experience.

Old 09-17-2022, 02:40 PM

Welcome to the forum
Your intro, most could have been my experience , we have a lot in common...

Last edited by Callisto; 09-17-2022 at 02:42 PM.