New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

new from naples

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Default new from naples

so i bought my first car today...an old 1990 miata car drives great. new trans, clutch and a few other things...(receipts to show the work..) but it has a rough idle issue...i was told its just the gasket on the TB since im told it was in teh process of being made a racing type car.. but it idle's at around 200-400RPM and it is ROUGH it dont wanna rev up even at wide open but when it revs up above 2,000 it starts shooting up fast..is it just a gasket problem or something bigger??

i bought the car knowing it had some problems. the guy i bought it from told me everything that was wrong, he was the one who said its a gasket that cost 2 bucks and the problem will be fixed.

Attached Thumbnails new from naples-my-miata.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by maverick_124
i bought the car knowing it had some problems. the guy i bought it from told me everything that was wrong, he was the one who said its a gasket that cost 2 bucks and the problem will be fixed.
Congrats on the new ride, Maverick, but it looks like you may have a project on your hands. Hope you and your wallet are up to the task.

Question you should ask yourself when purchasing anything: If the gasket only costs $2 and the seller knows that, then why didn't he do it to help sell the car? Perhaps make a little more out of a well running car instead of one that lopes?
200-400rpm is mighty low and almost any gas engine wouldn't be too happy about that... unless it had a monster cam in it.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:19 PM

its got stock cams