New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New MPV Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Default New MPV Owner!

A couple of months ago I became the new proud owner of a 1996 Mazda MPV. I found this site as a result of looking for forums for this and other used cars that I own/have owned in the past and one thing that I like about forums like this is sharing some of the information that I have learned. It took a little bit of work to get the MPV on the road and through inspection, however, I am happy to finally drive it.

I have had new cars and used cars and one thing that I like about used cars (aside of not having a note on it) is that there is always something that can be done to improve it. Or it might not have everything that it needs and I love the feeling of gratification that I get when I score that one part that I have been looking for seemingly FOREVER. When I acquired the MPV, it was missing the jack and the other associated tools that go along with it. To my knowledge its very rare to find a jack in the junkyard but the other day I opened the passenger door and there it was!

One thing that I noticed about the MPV is that there isn't much support for it on the internet let alone being able to find a repair manual for it. So as I continue to fix things on this car and figure out how to do different things I will share what I learned and hopefully it will be benefiical to someone out there who has the same problems down the road.