New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New to Mazda and owner of 2014 Mazda3 S Touring Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Smile New to Mazda and owner of 2014 Mazda3 S Touring Hatch

HI All

Purchased my first Mazda. Its a 2014 Mazda3 S Touring Hatchback with 71k miles. She's in beautiful condition inside and out. I'm coming a 2016 Civic so the infotainment system has been a bit to get used to. I'd like to upgrade the Mazda connect so I can install the Carplay upgrade. Any suggestions would be great. At this mileage, any suggestions regarding maintenance is also welcome. I bought it out of state and will require inspection and emission in the next month.

Thanks!
Ray

Old 07-11-2019, 04:03 PM

Ray, Welcome to the forum from a couple of counties to the west.

It may be worth asking a dealership about the upgrade to get Apple CarPlay. I am not sure if it is possible on a 2014, however, it is not as easy as I had first thought. I decided to go without it on my 2015 Mazda 2.5 Touring Sedan.

As for maintenance, nothing out of the ordinary. Follow the book and you should be good. In my slightly biased opinion, you bought a great car that should be fun and economical to drive for years.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
Ray, Welcome to the forum from a couple of counties to the west.

It may be worth asking a dealership about the upgrade to get Apple CarPlay. I am not sure if it is possible on a 2014, however, it is not as easy as I had first thought. I decided to go without it on my 2015 Mazda 2.5 Touring Sedan.

As for maintenance, nothing out of the ordinary. Follow the book and you should be good. In my slightly biased opinion, you bought a great car that should be fun and economical to drive for years.
Thanks!

I found this car and driver article that says upgrades can be installed on 2014 and up!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...-auto-upgrade/