New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New guy possibly buying a 2016 cx-5 sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 08:01 PM
Default New guy possibly buying a 2016 cx-5 sport

I don't need a lot of frills since most of the cars I've owned have been old junk. The 2016 I'm looking at has 50k miles and is being offered with a CPO warranty, and the payments are low enough. I wish I could swing for a 2022 but it isn't going to happen.

I've owned one other Mazda. It was a first gen MPV. My girlfriend cried when I took it to the scrap yard and I promised her we'd get another Mazda someday.

I've also looked at a few Chevy volts(nope), and a few Honda fits. But I feel the Mazda offers the most for my money. Plus it's a stick shift, which are pretty much impossible to find in my area.

Old 02-20-2022, 07:07 AM

Id be careful with anything CX related. Not sure what year it was but I think there was a batch with bad transmissions so i just steer clear of them. One uber i was in was a CX7. I said to the driver that he had a really nice car. He said he couldnt wait to get rid of it.; He said he had always owned CX7s but after warranty ran out always had transmission problems which cost more than the cars value so was looking for a different brand car for his next people mover.

https://www.carproblemzoo.com/mazda/...e-problems.php

Old 02-25-2022, 06:23 AM

Don't put too much faith in a guy that was in an Uber once and even that was an older model.

Mazda is an extremely reliable brand and the CX-5 is their best selling model.

Check it out as you would any used vehicle. I would buy a Mazda over any other brand any day of the week.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:41 AM

Mazda is an extremely reliable brand and the CX-5 is their best selling model.

Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

Last edited by owynn.severiano; 05-28-2022 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by wwiding
I don't need a lot of frills since most of the cars I've owned have been old junk. The 2016 I'm looking at has 50k miles and is being offered with a CPO warranty, and the payments are low enough. I wish I could swing for a 2022 but it isn't going to happen.

I've owned one other Mazda. It was a first gen MPV. My girlfriend cried when I took it to the scrap yard and I promised her we'd get another Mazda someday.

I've also looked at a few Chevy volts(nope), and a few Honda fits. But I feel the Mazda offers the most for my money. Plus it's a stick shift, which are pretty much impossible to find in my area.

I'm sure you've either bought it or not, but I've been quite happy with my '16 Tour. I stay up on maintenance but I also run my equipment fairly hard. The alternate to my CX-5 is a '96 Ram 1500 4X4. Both go down the same roads. The truck will carry more though.

For future purchasers, the only complaints I've got on the '16 is the electronics (weak) and the navigation system stinks. Both were noted by Consumer Reports. Outside of regular oil changes and brake work (both normal), a new battery, well it did sit on the lot a while before I got it, and I recently put new plugs in it. I will be doing front wheel bearings shortly. However, considering the beating they have been getting, I'm not surprised.

One problem, and it was more "operator difficulty" than the cars fault, was I walked out of the store once and wasn't paying attention. My car has the roof racks, like a few others around town, plus the cross bars. I walked up, pushed the button on the handle and opened the door and got in. Then I wondered why the seat was so far forward. Then I realized I don't have kids but there were two car seats in the back. I got out and saw MY car a row over.

Last edited by Grouch; 05-27-2022 at 12:08 PM. Reason: i kant spel wurth a durn
Old 06-03-2022, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Grouch

One problem, and it was more "operator difficulty" than the cars fault, was I walked out of the store once and wasn't paying attention. My car has the roof racks, like a few others around town, plus the cross bars. I walked up, pushed the button on the handle and opened the door and got in. Then I wondered why the seat was so far forward. Then I realized I don't have kids but there were two car seats in the back. I got out and saw MY car a row over.
Did the other Mazda unlock when you pushed the button or was it already unlocked?

Old 06-03-2022, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by jmartin
Did the other Mazda unlock when you pushed the button or was it already unlocked?

I didn't notice. I pushed the button and pulled the handle. Where I grew up, you got in the habit of locking things. Evidently it wasn't locked as my fob shouldn't have unlocked it.