New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Default New guy

Hi everyone... My name is Hank. I just bought a protege and my girlfriend has a miata. So I think this is the perfect place for me. Both are having problems. I am a kind of noob when it comes to cars so I am here to learn.
[:@]

The 92 Protege: I just bought it at an auction. I heard it running. The engine sounded horrible. Then when I took a closer look I noticed 1 spark plug was missing. LOL. So I bought it. It was so cheap. I didnt want to buy anything but couldnt help myself.. Anyways by the time I came back to pick it up it was totally dead. I was thinking some1 left a light on or something. So i tried to use my power box then my car with jumpers... Nothing. So I had it towed home by a guy I met at the auctiong for $40.00 [:@]. He said he heard it running as well b4.

So when I brought it home I took out the battery and hooked it up to my 12volt battery charger. I let it charge for 4 hours. Reinstalled it in the car and still totally dead..????? I have no Idea where to go from here. Help!!!

93: Miata: Has minor problems. First off it makes a horrble screeching sound when I first start it up. Not until I apply gas and rev it does it go away. The other problem it seems to stall at red lights sometimes.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Default RE: New guy

Take the battery to a auto parts shop to see if it will hold a charge. They do go bad over time.

On the Miatascreeching, it sounds like it could be a loose/worn belt. Check the belt for signs of fraying or glazing (shininess of the surface of the belt) If you see either of these, replace the belt. Don't know about the stalling at a light....Is it throwing a "Check engine soon" light when it stalls?