New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

new to the forum and mazda

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Default new to the forum and mazda

Hello all! Just got a 05 Mazda 6 with the 3.0 v6 and 6speed automatic transmission. Im loving it so far and have only had it a few days. It is the burnt orange/copper color and looks really good. Does anyone know what the name is for that color? Nice site yall have and look forward to learning about the mazdas.

Anthony

Old 03-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: new to the forum and mazda

Hi Anthony and Welcome!!
Lava Orange Mica is the color... and it means that you MUST be a Longhorns fan, right? j/k

Got any pics of the new ride yet? I'm sure we'd all like to see some.
Tell us about you.. whatever you're comfortable with, that is.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:37 AM
Default RE: new to the forum and mazda

thanks for the info on the color. and lol on the longhorns fan thing not really into the whole college ball thing. uhh little about me 24 years old getting married in 2 months. before i got the 6 all i had ever driven was 4wd trucks so the car is a big change but i love it so far. my fiance is already looking at them actually.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: new to the forum and Mazda

Cool!!Congrats on the upcoming marriage too.
I'm not really into the Longhorns either, but live in the greater Austin area. It's hard not to see burnt orange 'round here, if you know what I mean?

So, your a 4WD truck convert, huh? Like what didyou used to drive? Were you into the Nissan/Toyota scene, or the Ford/Chevy/Dodge/Jeep thing? Stick or auto? Got pics?

I had a friend that once dumped a Volvo SW body on top of an old Bronco frame and drive train. (1st gen, I think) He liked the convenience and comfort of the wagon but lived in Maine and needed 4WD. Best of both worlds, kind of. It rode a little rough, and was a little loud too, but was fairly comfortable.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:45 AM

had 2 chevrolet z71's a 97 and a 99.dont have any pics on my work computer (blocked sites from work) but when i get home tonight i iwll post some up. With gas getting like it is and me always breaking things on them it was time for a change. Love the car so far and look forward to slight modding in the future with it.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:19 PM

Welcome Street....I'm fairly new to this Mazda thing also. I just got mine one month ago and I'm very pleased. This is a cool forum. People are very helpful and answer your questions quickly. You have to be thick skinned with a couple of them though...it's all in good fun.

Virgin...it's got to be tough to live in Austin. Have you lived in Austin 4 a while or did you migrate there for the music/barscene? Oh...one last thing!

Gig 'em Aggies!

Old 03-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

I was looking for the ghost of Stevie Ray Vaughan. I'm a HUGEBlues fan. I thought I might join a band when I got here but that never materialized.
6th Street, the local scene here, is all stupid and drunk UT students now. Great if you're 18-20 somethingand living on your own for the first time in your life, but I have outgrown that kinda' thing. Hard to get serious in that mess. (my opinion.)

As for the Aggies, my bro-in-law is an Aggie alum (50 yrs ago) and he's a real A-Hole, again, my opinion.

Do they teach bad driving @ that school? It seems every time I see an Aggies emblem on the back of someone's vehicle, they are doing somethig stupid on the roads.
We went to the Shiner-Fest a few years ago.... full of drunk, stupid Aggies. (UT was repped there too, I'm sure.)

"You have to be thick skinned with a couple of them though...it's all in good fun."

If you'll notice, I took care of our"thick skinned" buddy, and his useless, negative posts too.That boy needs to grow up and get a life... outside of, "mummy and daddy's basement."

'Glad you've stuck around though....

Old 03-27-2008, 09:39 PM

The ghost of SRV eh? Quite an ambitious pursuit. My father was always a HUGE SRV fan as am I and he said one of his biggest disappointments was that Stevie passed away before he and i could go see him. Nothing dims the memory of a crappy work week like Live at The El Macambo and some Jameson on the rocks. haha. Austin has quite a BMX scene as well. Much to be envious of down there... except football that is. Nobody know football better than Ohio, sorry guys.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:55 AM

It's funny that as I'm reading your post I'm listening to a crazy blues'd out version of "Sould Serenade" by the Allmans. What instrumentdo you play Virgin? I've been playing a little guitar for the last ten years. I started playing a lot of blues in the last year or so. I've traditionally been a Jazz player, but I have been experimenting more with the blues. I've found that the simplicity of the blues leads to far more depth and improvisation.While Ilike blues I'm more apt to listen to heavilly blues influenced southern rock. Have you senn Tony Emmanuel play? Check him out un You Tube. F#*$'n sick.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:49 PM

BTW Virgin...I'm not sure exactly who you booted. I guess they deserved it. All I got to say is...thanks for not booting me!

Quick Reply: new to the forum and mazda